Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just to let you guys know a little about me. I have been working as a chemical technician for the last 9 years. Prior to that, I was a automotive technician for 17+ years. I am currently in the process of restoring a 1972 Nova. I had a 73 Nova way back when I first got married and loved it, so decided to get another Nova. Only problem is that cars this old usually don't age gracefully. I just finished replacing left rear outer wheelhouse, a portion of the inner wheelhouse, trunk drop-off, trunk drop-off extension and quarter panel. Unfortunately, I will have to do the same thing to the right side. Good thing is that the floor pans and trunk pans are in very good condition. Oh, I also had to replace the common rusted out rear filler panel.

Anyway, I am not an expert on the Novas, but I do have a very good knowledge in the following car lines since I was a tech for many years. GM, Ford, Honda, Toyota, Nissan (Hope this doesn't turn anyone's stomach). These are dealerships that I worked for, but also familiar with many other car lines due to working at independent garages as well. So, if I can help out with any questions, please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the Site :waving:

Hope that you have question(s) to answer regarding your car ....

The Knowledge base is Immense here at this Site :yes:

But I ll start it, :attention::worthless:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey welcome to SNS from another Texan. Yep we need pictures...

What part of Texas are you in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I do have a question

Just purchased a column shift "tilt" steering column out of a 70 Nova. When I inspected the column, I noticed that the steering wheel actually telescopes in and out approximately 6". I am not familiar enough with these to know whether or not this is normal. My plans were to break this unit down to see the inner workings, but fore knowledge of this couldn't hurt. So my question is.....Is this normal?
Oh and pictures are on the way. Not much to look at now though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I'm just south of Houston, Texas in a little town called Richwood, but many who live in Houston are familiar with Freeport because of the beaches. Richwood is just before you get to Freeport.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! Post some pictures when you get time.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Hi and Welcome Tory , glad to see you are willing to share some of your expertise on some of these other makes Thanks. skinnydude

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Oh, I'm just south of Houston, Texas in a little town called Richwood, but many who live in Houston are familiar with Freeport because of the beaches. Richwood is just before you get to Freeport.
Welcome to the site. I am south of Houston as well and never heard of Richwood. Man I need to get out more.:D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome from Northern Canada where Nova's don't rust just freeze. Cool that you have such a vast amount of experiance in the automotive field, good for us too, so don't be shy to join in on the threads, sometimes we just guess.:D

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Welcome from another Canadian!:) Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TORY
PLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE TO BE HAD HERE, PICK UP SOME AND LEAVE SOME!
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US! :thumbsup:
:pics:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts