Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put gears in my car and started to run very inconsisent. Then the consistency came back but at the cost of .6 et and some mph. And the converter sounded like some lugnuts in a coffee can. So my friend had a tci streetfighter and he draged his feet so i got pissed off with the car not running and OCMD Car Cruise coming up, i decided to bite the bullet. Since i live in dleaware i called Del-Trans and they couldn't do it before thrusday. I called pats and they said they could get me a cheapo 10 inch 3500 by thrusday. My dad called one of his super Pro friend and said where can i get a converter by wensday noon time. he said call Dynamic Converters of Delaware. Since i was in school my dad gave him some info but not much and he said since we were local and some of his best local customers are our friends he said that he can do it. At 2:30 pm monday i gave him all the info on the car and said expect it sometime monday noon time.
ent
He set me up with a 9.5 inch Race/Street Converter to stall at 3500 behind my combo. He said that it really really effiecent converter and that he has no worries that me cruising will hurt it.

So long storie short Dynamic converters of delaware really helped me out. I Will report back of the results after OCMD Cruise Week.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i will have a good time in OC. Are you going?

Anybody have good or bad experinces from Dynamic Converters, I wanna hear 'em.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to take as many pictures as possible.

Update on Converter.
I ordered the converter on monday at 3:00 pm and i got a call at 4:00 pm on Wensday that it was ready.

Went over there to pick it up and he said add a quart of fluid let it run for a little bit then Shawn said "beat it up" YAAHAHAHAHAH, then i went back to truck then opened box and it didn't have a receipt. I walked back in and saw shawn was on the phone and one of the persons painting a converter said that i didn't need a receipt that his name is out front and if I break it in fix years or think i have a problem bring it back and they will fix it.

Put it in and let me just say WOW!!!!! that is a nice converter. satlls right at 3650 RPMs and he said that its fine to cruise with it. There service was the best and anybody live in the delaware regin need a converter i highly recommend them.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Convertor

No I haven't run theirs, I have a Hughes 3000 to put in my next street project. My last ride (71 Nova) I ran a TCI 3500 (10") and car did a 1.64 60' and a 11.60 1/4 mile. Not bad for a street car sbc leaving at a dead idle. Car never hicupped or backfired and like I said you could leave at a dead idle and peg the throttle. Would get the front wheels up about 2".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts