Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am getting closer with my 4 year build and need a TC recommendation for my 5.3/4l70e, here are the specs

LS1 top end
BTR stage II cam 227/234 .614"/.576"
4L70e
3.55s

A few have recommended this:
3000- 3200 stall
https://www.circledspecialties.com/4l60-hp-series-278mm

Some have said 2600-2800 for drive ability. BTR recommends a 2800+ , so I’m looking for more feedback and whether there’s a less $ option than Circle D.

Interested in hearing what you guys recommend. TIA.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I recommend Ultimate Converter Concepts (UCC). Lenny is the owner there. I gave him all my engine/vehicle specs and he made a recommendation. Had it custom built for my car, installed it, and it flashed to the exact RPM he said it would and drove just like he said it would. Totally woke my car up!

Mine is a 10" 3800RPM converter. It seems like it'd be overkill for a street car, but it's perfect. Drives like stock at part throttle, but when you mash the gas it revs up fast and the car is gone! My buddy had a cheap 3000RPM converter and it always revved when he took off, wasted gas, built up a lot of heat in the trans, slipped all the time. Mine has a higher stall speed and drives almost like my old stock converter. You get what you pay for.

Regardless of what company you go with, I'd spend the extra bucks to get one custom built for your car's specs. Might cost you a little extra over an off the shelf converter, but it's well worth it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ucc

Ultimate Converter Concept was sold 9-11-19. New owner is Montgomery Ragland. Shop will be relocated to Andrews, S.C. next month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts