Chevy Nova Forum banner

Top Fuel IHBA Boat Drags This weekend! High Point, NC

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Custom Jim 
#1 ·
#2 ·
We used to have, as up to last year, the IHBA has had great races on the Sacramento River in Red Bluff I go every year. On thursdays of the week they close off Main St. at 5pm, park them boats & you get a free ear, nose ,& throat test, eye test if your to close !!!!:D

Seems the city council cow-towed to the rivermasters.The diversion dam, run by the feds, was not closed up as early this year to "save the fishes" !!!!!:(

#3 ·
I hadn't been to our local drag boat races in a couple of year and it's still as neat as it was years ago. I'm looking forward to the Litchfield Illinois show later this year.

Hopefully the races will go smoothly. Sadly a racer was lost at our local race that came up from Texas.

If you do a search in webshots.com under user name custom_jimmy I have some video and stills of the Creve Couer Drag Boats races.

Just like the car drags, they fire em up in the pits and you get all of the good vibrations and smells closeup.

It's amazing how the rooster tails finally drop back down at the starting line and they have run at least an eight mile down the water.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.