Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I did a search on cowl rivets however I couldn't find how to install those little buggers. Anyone have any ideas what I can use? Thank you.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Timely thread for me. Just dug my cowl tag outta storage, removed it to put on a new firewall. I was thinking its time to put it back on. Im gonna spruce it up a lil, maybe. I just may leave it in its current condition just for that original look. Its about the only thing left of the original car left un-touched, that and the VIN tag.

Im thinking some round headed rivets, not the pop rivets, would look good. Thanks for the thread, Ill be looking to see what ideas pop up. I may find some round rivets and cut off the shank so the rivet head sits in the wholes and epoxy the tag and rivets in place. JR

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just off the top of my head.. without being able to get to both sides at once, to truly set the rivet: just drill the hole a couple thousandths smaller than the rivet, and grind a bevel on the tip of the rivet. Then just drive the rivet smartly into the hole. It will hold enough to keep a tag in place. A little epoxy on the back of the tag couldn't hurt anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts