Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finnally took the time to post some pics! hope this works
I'm putting a S10 front frame under it and 7.625 rear axle with disc brakes. Looks kinda rough but we are doing a lot of mocking up right know.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pics really don't show much console is out of a dodge neon, needs to modified to fit better but Ilike the way it feels.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are just the stock Rims off my 95 S10, they don't fit the best need more off set but they clear the front and rear disc brakes, unlike the 14" originals. The Car really isn't much to look at right now but we have put a lot of labor into her. I'm kinda on a shoe string budget I've got lots of time but not much money. 2 teenage boys keep burning up the Nova budget. This web site and a few others have really helped me out! keeps me motivated, gives me great Ideas and answers any questions That may come up!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff Rich, glad to see your making progress. I would
love to see some pics of that clip install!
Thank's, Rich
66Rich your car is one of the ones that inspired me to build a sedan!
I'll try and get some pics of the frt clip, not much to show just chopped of the S10 welded plates on the frame and bolted to the nova frame welded up some support bars. Sounds easy but really it is a pain in the butt to get it all measured and installed so every thing fits and works. the frame mounts for motor had to be custom built, headers are for a S10 had to message body to get them to fit, Steering shaft is a very tight fit, Radiator is going to have to be custom made am going to use a corvette one and tilt it towards the motor with a electric fan for now. But I did get the whole S10 frame with disc brakes,d power steering,and 1 1/8" swaybar all for $40.00. Hey this is kind of fun to talk about!!! Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Thank's, hey mine was in the same shape once! New 1/4, 2 new
door skins, and a new hood plus the usual body work!
Iv'e got so much invested in my stock frontend I hate to buy
a clip, but would like something better. I do like the idea of adapting
a modern suspension for cheap though. What year S10 is the most
adaptable? How is the track width compared to a stock Nova? If you
have some pics with the fenders off please show them, I'm sure
a lot of guy's would be interested.
Thank's, Rich

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The frame is from a 2000 2wd S10 pick up with 30,000 miles. Track width is 54.5 inches, Stock 66 nova 56.8 more room for wider tires :) less room for big block:( . I like small blocks any way! Should be able to lower her down and still turn the wheels, thats what I'm hoping for! Like I said this sounds easy but it takes a lot of time measuring and mocking thinfgs up to get every thing to fit right. I still haven't got rid of my stock frt clip yet, even though she measures up right and every thing seems tone an the same plane, I still wonder how she will drive. I don't have any pics but I will try and get some

·
Registered
122 Posts
Rich_66 said:
The frame is from a 2000 2wd S10 pick up with 30,000 miles. Track width is 54.5 inches, Stock 66 nova 56.8 more room for wider tires :) less room for big block:( . I like small blocks any way! Should be able to lower her down and still turn the wheels, thats what I'm hoping for! Like I said this sounds easy but it takes a lot of time measuring and mocking thinfgs up to get every thing to fit right. I still haven't got rid of my stock frt clip yet, even though she measures up right and every thing seems tone an the same plane, I still wonder how she will drive. I don't have any pics but I will try and get some

Wow - just wow! I would love to see more pics... of the frame and corvette rdiator - I have an 86-90 corvette radiator I bought to use in the s15 -but never used it -figured I'd use it in the chevy ii

I traded away my 2wd s15 to get my chevy II -but that doesn't mean I don't have alot of parts left over! I also picked up a 92 Bravada for 300 buck and was thinkin about cutting it up to build an awd chevy II - thinkin I could get rid of the torsion bars and put bags on top of the upper control arms...

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Rich_66 said:
66Rich your car is one of the ones that inspired me to build a sedan!
Thanks Guys
Looking Good Rich 66! Glad to see another sedan coming together. Rich66, Bogus/Cloner and Gforce66 were my inspiration for mine. I took a little different approach but I loved their sedans. Keep us posted on your progress. Would love to see it come together.:beer:

Dave

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking Good Rich 66! Glad to see another sedan coming together. Rich66, Bogus/Cloner and Gforce66 were my inspiration for mine. I took a little different approach but I loved their sedans. Keep us posted on your progress. Would love to see it come together.
Thanks Dave Hope you don't mind but I have a bunch of pics of your car as my screen saver!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might be a while before I get back on it, I'm helping a friend (the guy that helps me,) rewire his 69 Camaro and putting new gears in the rear. By the way Autowire makes a really nice wiring kit ! I should be recieving a trunk to rear window filler panel here in a couple of days, I order it frome Nightshade! Thats my next project.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Rich,

Do you have any more pics of the S10 clip -pics of where you cut it off and welded the plates, header/steering shaft/frame/firewall area are what i'm most interested in... I'd now like to use a 2wd s10 frame to make my clip on a budget... I like the idea of slightly narrow track width too -it'll help since I'd like to bag it too...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Rich that sounds like a brilliant idea using the s-10 susp.! Would love to see more pics. We all want to get in there and ck it out:D Thats a new idea to us. I've never heard of anyone trying that route. Lets keep this thread going.

·
Registered
122 Posts
littledeuce2 said:
Rich that sounds like a brilliant idea using the s-10 susp.! Would love to see more pics. We all want to get in there and ck it out:D Thats a new idea to us. I've never heard of anyone trying that route. Lets keep this thread going.

I'm interested because I can update everything up front -and the replacement parts are available anywhere! - 2 months ago my friend had a wheel bearing go bad (S10 blazer) on the way to a show -we were a few hours from home - we found a napa down the road -with the parts in stock! I have a few friends with bagged S trucks -including my friends blazer -they all ride great, especially the V8 blazer mentioned above...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry Guys I don't have any more pics right now I don't have access to a digital camera but as soon as I do I will get more picks. I'm Kinda in limbo on the car we put the front clip back on to make sure every thing fits fenders ,bumper, grille,and radiator support.
The Radiator is out of a S10 or the V8 conversion one ( I believe its a corvette rad), along with the headers. I believe the engine mounts from the conversion kit will work also, I just made my own. The steering column is out of a late 80's pontiac, had to make my own brackets, Ididit or flaming river makes a column that will bolt in. You'll have to make your own steering shaft, or find one that works. the stock cross member will work with the Th 350 or any of the other trans of the same length. Right now I'm trying to make new bumper brackets.
Just a reminder to those thinking about this its not a easy or quick solution. Alot of work involved but if your like me with more time than money it might be the route to go, S10's are getting easy to find. I also need to include I still haven't driven it to see if this will all work! :rolleyes: But Confidence is High.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I did find some pics from when i was looking into this. They might help they helped me!
[/IMG]

You have to finish it! We need more sedans in here!
Some day she will be done! My daughter wants to drive it to her senior prom! She will be a freshman this year. :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts