2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Unisteer manual rack and Pinion system today!! :jumping:

Can't wait to get it installed..:D

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I got the rack, shaft kit and the OEM column adapter for $800

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I paid $99 for my rack...and it's chrome! Just what my greasy primered pile needs is something shiny. Someday I might even put it in the car.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid $99 for my rack...and it's chrome! Just what my greasy primered pile needs is something shiny. Someday I might even put it in the car.
There's no way you got that new for $99.. And you need more then just the rack to do the install.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
There's no way you got that new for $99
Brand new Mustang II chrome rack $99 from Southern Rods and Parts(about 2 years ago); I almost bought a few of them to have in stock. I got my steering arms to convert to front steering from Chassis Engineering for $169. The way mine will be mounted involves trimming the crossmember, so I might do some radical surgery to it while down there.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brand new Mustang II chrome rack $99 from Southern Rods and Parts(about 2 years ago); I almost bought a few of them to have in stock. I got my steering arms to convert to front steering from Chassis Engineering for $169. The way mine will be mounted involves trimming the crossmember, so I might do some radical surgery to it while down there.
Then that I understand. This is a bolt in and I don't want to modify anything for this conversion. Good luck with your swap.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Does that come with the pinion housing? Do you need a special column for it to work? I would be very interested on anything you can offer. I dont mind hacking up my frame.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Do you need a special column for it to work?
You need to fab up the section between the rack and your existing column.
In this shot you can see a little of how my friend does his--he trims the crossmember and adds a tubular mount for Mustang II style rack. 0 bumpsteer, unlike some of the bolt-on kits.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wonder how well those arms would work in a Pro-Touring style build?? That would be nice.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Took the Plunge, Installing Rack and Pinon

Hey Now, Not to Hy-jack this thread BUT, HotRod magazine in the Pit Stop section with Marlan gave Dale (Teddiesnoke)some Great Kudos for his abilities with front ends at his funnycarfarm!!! Nice Going!!!! Respectfully, "Bill's" II

1 - 17 of 17 Posts