Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about smoothing out the firewall on my 69 and painting it body color, but im not 100% if im gonna keep the car or sell since i fell in love with my 63 and my 67 isnt going anywhere, so needless to say space is very limited at my house and really dont room for all theses cars. But will smoothing and painting the firewall hurt or increase the value. Whole front end is off the car and the i6 is getting ready to come out soon so nows the time to do it if it was to get done

Smooth and paint body color? Or just clean up and do the factory black?

·
Registered
612 Posts
If it were me I would do it since you have it all apart. I just think it looks better. I don't think it will change the price of the car, If anything it will help when you sell it.

I did mine on my 63 and I really like the way it looks.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Smooth it!!! Since the 3rd Gens have that wide firewall, by smoothing it would create a much neater appearance and you would get more compliments from it.

Heres' mine...

And as for painting it the body color, it all depends on the color you are choosing. I went with a satin black to match the rest of the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
If it's not an SS or #'s matching car, smoothening the firewall should help the value, IMO.:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts