Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got all worked buying wheels and tires for my 73 nova. wound up with 295 15 50s on rear with 10" AR torkers. Needless to say I have fitment issues. I guess I'm gona have to roll my fenders, also droped rear end 1.5" with hotchkins drop leaf, and a 2" drop in front, how hard is it to roll thf back fender and how much can I roll it?

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
I doubt you can roll it enough to get the combo under the sheet metal. Most you will gain is 3/4 of what is sticking into the wheel well. If not careful the paint and outer metal can be damaged.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I thought, Well she is gona be a Rat Rod anyway so I guess I'll cut em out to whats nesscary. planing on running auto cross events with her so I need the rubber, tubbing would reduce the stability too much. thankz for the input

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
With the proper suspension upgrades large tires are not required to run auto cross. With large tires and stock suspension it will not improve the handling of the car. Give it some thought before you cut up the quarter panel.

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
With the proper suspension upgrades large tires are not required to run auto cross. With large tires and stock suspension it will not improve the handling of the car. Give it some thought before you cut up the quarter panel.
Agreed! If you were open coursing then I would say the more rubber the better but the speeds that you'll be at A/Xing are not as critical. Better to dial in the proper camber to take advantage of the rubber you have for better contact patch than trying to stuff more rubber under your car and having to cut it up to do it.

Obviously, if you are able to to make it work then great but cutting up your car to do it is not advisable.

John

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for input. changed my mind alltogether, for now I'm just lifting chassis over tires, If I rember right that's what they used to do anyway in the 70's, afects handling but wit air shock it will still be plenty stiff, building shock extenders now

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
thanks for input. changed my mind alltogether, for now I'm just lifting chassis over tires, If I rember right that's what they used to do anyway in the 70's, afects handling but wit air shock it will still be plenty stiff, building shock extenders now
your going the wrong direction if you want to autocross.....air shocks are a bad idea....id sell the tires and go the right direction.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts