Chevy Nova Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Updated Part Number...

Found out on the swap that I am doing now, that the upper radiator hose I previously used has been discontinued. The new number to go up and over the intake hose is C71795. I updated the narrative. If you have downloaded the Word document, you will need to update the part number.....

Happy Motoring..

T,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very nice car, I was thinking about doing the CTS seats as well, but I've changed my mind to Grand Prix GXP seat. Did you do the rear seat as well? If so, how much modifications did you have to to to make it fit?

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Very nice car, I was thinking about doing the CTS seats as well, but I've changed my mind to Grand Prix GXP seat. Did you do the rear seat as well? If so, how much modifications did you have to to to make it fit?
Thanks,

Didn't do the rear seat, but a couple of types will work. The GTO and Acura look like they will fit with little mods, I know a couple of members have done them....

T,

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Incredible information and documentation, thank you for all of the great detail.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Those seats look really good in there, and comfortable.

·
Registered
85 Posts
LS Swap gas pedal and cable

Tom,

Great post :yes: I refer to it quite a bit, don't see this info so, if I may ask.

What gas pedal and throttle cable did you use in this swap?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Tom,

Great post :yes: I refer to it quite a bit, don't see this info so, if I may ask.

What gas pedal and throttle cable did you use in this swap?

Thanks
I used a lokar pedal adapted to a 69 Camaro arm, reused the Nova thru firewall sleeve. The pin in the arm is the same for the Lokar pedal, and worked like a champ, just had to tweak the arm a little to get it where I liked it. I also used the Lokar cable that came with it, just turned it around backwards.....Also used a 6 cylinder throttle arm on the engine side, instead of the curved V8 arm...

T,

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks!!!!!

Hello Tom,

I just wanted to say thank you in advance. What a great source you are.

I just bought a nice little 63 Wagon, restored mostly original. That's when I joined Steve's, just hoping to utilize yall for info and help and find people like me.

Then I ran across this thread, and it is INCREDIBLE !!! I've built motors, crossmembers etc... but was apprehensive about the fuel injection part. I really want a driver that gets good gas mileage, hence the LS1 swap.

With this thread, I think someone with my little amount of knowledge, can do it!

Just ordered a TCI clip and upgraded to coilovers, and purchased a 98 LS1 and 4L60E out of a Camaro.

Can't wait to get started...
Just a couple of stupid questions:

Can I unbolt the whole front end, or will I have to take it apart, to remove it?

On the gas cap, how did you pressurize it? Did you use the stock filler tube, and cap at the rear fender?

Thank You For Your Fantastic Detailed Job!

Mike
63 Wagon, LS1 build

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thanks for the good words, you're welcome.

Remove the fenders and core support, pull the motor, cut the steering shaft off, and take it away wheels and all, unless you just want to take it all apart.

Used stock filler neck and cap, no pressurization needed. Click on the links in my signature for some more insight on building your own wiring harness.... :D

T,

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Thanks for the good words, you're welcome.

Remove the fenders and core support, pull the motor, cut the steering shaft off, and take it away wheels and all, unless you just want to take it all apart.

Used stock filler neck and cap, no pressurization needed. Click on the links in my signature for some more insight on building your own wiring harness.... :D

T,
Tom what happened to the red wagon? like the Bue though:yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Not feeling the burgundy, that is actually a Jaguar color. Alpine green metallic......the Burgundy is going to be much harder to maintain, the green will be more forgiving to chips, nicks and dings.......

I'll post another rendering in my build thread so you can see it better.

T

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING BUILD, VERY DETAILED, I'VE LEARNED MORE ABOUT AN LS SWAP THAN I KNEW BEFORE, YOU THE MAN, THANKS FOR SHARING THIS INTEL! :thumbsup:

61 - 80 of 118 Posts