Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Depends on weather, and health if i go or not, Tom the Tire Guy show in Surrey is on this Sunday Mothers day 9:00Am to 3;00PM.
13550 106th Ave. Surrey, one half block West off King George.

Its so close to home that i usually am there by 8:15 to 8:30.
Late and your in the back parking lot area, and I like to be on the street for a quick exit, especially if i get a stone stuck.
We have tried before to group park and its not worked, but its such a small show easy to visit.
Cancer charity event guys, by donation when you register on-site that AM.

So, open event, cancer charity, ends promptly by 3;00 so you can get away for Mom's day supper.

No guarantee that I can attend, just thought I would post it.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
thanks for the reminder pat.
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Attempting to get a newbie out with his Nova to this show. Glen, he is my neighbours brother. Took him for a ride in mine a couple weeks ago and he was mad at me after the ride.
He said you just cost me $30,000.00, now I got to make that same kind of power in my Nova. Glen said I thought my Nova was screaming fast until today:devil:

Met another newbie in a 77 Nova original 4 speed SS car with 62,000 miles on it, no rust, needs paint still had dash tac in it, nice. Gave him my email address, and this site, but has yet to be on our site.

look forward to seeing you Rick.
Power is addictive, I'm hooked, or, always trying too :turn:.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunday weather now changed to no rain, or slight chance, so looks good for Sunday.
I will be at 160st bus park lot at 8:00AM ish and leave at 8:30AM if anyone wants to meet there.
Registration starts at 9:00AM and most street spots are taken most years by about 9:00 nothing wrong with the park lot north of Tom's place, but the street gets way more lookie lou ladies ( Frank ), and easier to set up chairs.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I'll tag along ..I'll be there at 8:00 a.m.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
sorry guys,can't make it this year.
hope you have a blast.
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll tag along ..I'll be there at 8:00 a.m.
Ken asks me at 160th street about weather stipping for the trunk as he had a leak into the trunk. Then at the show Ken opens trunk and says, its wet.
Before he can stop my hand, I run my finger on the truck floor, as yes it does look wet, WET PAINT that is.
Sorry Ken about leaving a bad impression ( of my finger ) in your truck.
Overall good show, out of 400 parking spots, Ken, Shawn and I are under the only sap spewing tree's, DUH !!.
We 3 old saps however had a wonderful time, meeting Frank, John and others at the show, maybe 12 Nova / Acadians there.
Must remember in the future to get to that show by 7:30 / 7;45Am latest to get a pemium spot.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Ken asks me at 160th street about weather stipping for the trunk as he had a leak into the trunk. Then at the show Ken opens trunk and says, its wet.
Before he can stop my hand, I run my finger on the truck floor, as yes it does look wet, WET PAINT that is.
Sorry Ken about leaving a bad impression ( of my finger ) in your truck.
If you offer the swap engines with him, I am sure ken could find it in his heart to forgive you for the mark in the trunk floor. :rolleyes::eek:

Sounds like you guys had a great time. :turn:

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
It's always a great time to meet up with you guys ..had a blast! Thanks for the autograph Pat!! ... that was a laugh.. after a day in the sun it was fairly dry ! Frank said that speckle trunk paint is crap anyhow!! Does'nt mix well with water..now we know! ... I will try to clear coat it when I get back from Palm Springs.. and tear out that trunk seal and replace it ,as well!

Shawn the "Longroof" looked "Wicked" with the fender skirts.

Yeah we hooked up with a couple of site members ...Rick, John, where there , seen a few new Novas. My buddy Randy (SNS Member ??)brought out his 68 ..all and all I enjoyed the show!
We had a great spot on the street ..lots of shade ! But the dripping sap didn't do us any favors !

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
sounds like fun, sorry I missed it. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts