Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the last Div race for PTRA and I am now in second place in points. I lost the points lead at the last div race to a friend and fellow racer Micheal Martin. Today will settle the Championship. If I qualify well and win the race it is mine and nobody can beat me. Anything less than that and it depends on what others do. The car has been up to the challenge all year but the driver has been a big problem the past two events. Got to step up to the plate today and get it done.......LOL> Wish me luck, I'll need it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sounds like you've had a great season either way:yes: Down to two friends, it doesn't get much better than that. I'm betting you'd both be happy whoever takes it:yes: but I'm betting on you:D Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Best Of luck RM:yes:
Man you sure do know how to enjoy retirement:cool::D
Go kick some butttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
good luck

i think a good routine on race day helps ,, eat good , get some vitamins flowing , , try to go through everything in a systematic relaxed aproach , get the car loaded early , get rested again , its a total effort

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Good luck, I might come out to with you luck.

Al

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the well wishes, I'll be using them......LOL. Come on over Al, I got a spare chair or two and we'll have the big fan running. Darn air is so humid you can take a bath just standing there. And it is heavy overcast with a 30% chance of a shower. A fine day to spend time in a multi layer fire suit and enclosed helmet........LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Good luck Joe. Go kick some asphalt! Either way, you have had a good season and are able to do what you love to do. We are pulling for you bro.:yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Good luck Joe. Go kick some asphalt! Either way, you have had a good season and are able to do what you love to do. We are pulling for you bro.:yes::yes:
Joe, you can say you have been there! the Dirty-Mo!!!!!

I will go without car and might do some video of the "REAL MCCOY!!"":D

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Good Luck with the day's races. You've had a great season, now close it out with a great win!!!

Jim Smith

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
You deserve a "well done" for this year no matter what Joe. So just knock em dead today. Hey Al videos would be really cool. I am sure all here would love em.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Real Mccoy and some friends.

No edit this is raw video

First is my friend Airen, he is a good transmission guy

Second is some very impressive passes by Joe mccoy

And last is a pair of BIG BIG HP!!!

Al

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Real Mccoy and some friends.

No edit this is raw video

First is my friend Airen, he is a good transmission guy

Second is some very impressive passes by Joe mccoy

And last is a pair of BIG BIG HP!!!

Al
Wow. I have never seens Joes car make a pass before. It was awesome lol.

As for you Al, I dont think you were very interested in that last pass, where you? You just wanted an excuse to film the blond... :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Al showed up and spent a good part of the afternoon hanging out with me and my friend David. Had a good time shooting the BS and trying to stay cool. It was very humid and uncomfortable. Enjoyed meeting you Al, thanks for stopping by. I struggled yesterday trying to find the track and more importantly the tree. First shake down pass we ran a 5.309 which was great because I run a 5.30 index class. Then in qualifying I ran a 5.31 and a 5.32 losing 60 ft time worse each pass. I ran the white buick Al videod first round and I ran a 5.300 off a 5.30 index with a .017 light and I thought we had a handle on things. Second round I ran a 5.31 to the other guys 5.32 but my sorry .089 light domed me. I left before the final but my friend Micheal Martin was going to the semi and should have won the championship. I congratulated him and we left to eat. Got home about 1:30 worn out, tired, and disappointed in my sorry driving......LOL. Life goes on, if it was easy or simple, everyone would do it. Thanks for all the kind well wishes.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Sorry you didn't fair better but I know you had a good time this year being in the chase till the end. Was great seeing the vids Thank you AL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts