Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I get into my 69 project I decided to decode the vin and I must say wow the old owner told me it had a six in it but after decoding I found out it originally had a four banger gosh must have really been a grocery getter :yes:

·
Registered
414 Posts
i have a 4 cyl too. the more i drive it, the more i like it. i'm gonna keep it until it breaks. it's a 2.5 liter and hauls great for what it is.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My first Nova was a 4 cylinder. A Red 1968 Coupe, with a 3-speed on the column. Manual everything, bench seat, AM radio and rubber floormats. I swapped the 4 for a 307 and 4-speed. I drove it for a few years and sold it for seed money to get married. That was in upstate NY in 1974. I sort of wonder sometimes if it still exists somewhere...

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
It's cool you guys still have them, they're were far and few beaten back in the day and even more so now, so knowing there are still survivors is sweet!:yes:

·
13,690 Posts
It's great that not all cars have to be high horsepower to be 'special interest.' I love these 4 cylinders. Here's a bit of trivia. There were no 4 cylinder Chevy IIs or Acadians built in Canada after 1965. Even when production went to the U.S. in 1968, there were no 4 cylinders built for export to Canada. At the other end of the scale, there were 4 cylinder Nova and Acadian convertibles built in Canada in 1962.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts