Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about installing a fuel cell in my 67 but I really don't want to cut the trunk pan. Should I go with a flat bottom cell or build brackets for a sump style?
Also I don't want it to be too labour intensive because I plan on doing it my self!! & do I have to install a barrier between the trunk & passenger conpartment?
Idea's & pic's would be helpful......Thanks JL

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
funny you posted this thread for im doing the same thing if i where you i would do the sump but raise it up 2" in the trunk so you dont have to cut the car up this is what im going to do as for a fire wall i would do it just in case of something mysteriously happening :eek:

this is for when you decide to race it at the drags
as per nhra requirements:
7:4
each car in competition must be equipped with a minimum .032-inch aluminum or .024-inch steel firewall ,extending from side to side of the body and from the top of the engine compartment's upper seal ( hood ,cowl,or deck ) to the bottom of the floor and/or bellypan. firewall must provide a bulkhead between the engine and/or fuel tank and driver compartment. all holes in firewall must be sealed with aluminum or steel. in certian instances, fiberglass, carbon fiber, or other composites may be used.
and the firewall must be sealed to prevent any fuel entering the drivers compartment

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I think you would be better off with the sump style mounted above the floor. Here is a couple of pics of how mine is done.....

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Hey fast eddie, thats a good looking setup. What size is the tank?? JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts