Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,343 Posts
Hey Micky - You do know that a Borg Warner T 5 5speed will bolt right in , behind your 250ci motor.

(and I do mean = bolt right up) . I have pictures - using a world class T 5 behind my original 250 in my car .
Plus , that is already a stick shift type car ; meaning you already have everything there (clutch pedal ; bellhousing ;
standard trans - bell housing & flywheel ) = z-bar linkage . I'm just thinking 'out - loud' (mine was a factory P/G
car. (I do have those 'pictures' = KISS ) . Plus, I'm still using my stock 3:08 rear gears : with a 3.97 - 1st gear : and,
a 0.72 O D , 5th gear.

hey - I'm just saying . .

You just find a T 5 trans from '93 back - those bolt up too the "403 standard bellhousing" (direct) : no adaptor
needed . Plus , my 93 / T 5 is the world class type , (and still in the S-15 (GMC) truck) = $ 150.00 .

(just a little 'icing on th' tranny , cake) .

jim

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I decided to get it. I'm gonna hit the road and go take a look see. If its as good as it looks the deal is done. The owner accepted my offer. I'm hoping all is good with it, I have a good feeling about it, the owner sounds very honest and the car has a good history, and paperwork.

this is the first "3rd?" generation nova for me. I am not familiar with them, so I know very little about what to check for.
so i am gonna get it towed home. Not gonna take the chance driving over 1000 miles in this heat with an old car i know nothing about.

I love that there is no carpet, and I love the straight six. the three on the tree is awesome. i haven't drove one of them since the 70s when I was learning to drive.

The wheels will have to go, those Cragars? just dont look right to me. Must have the dogdish, nothing else will do. some thing like the picture i just found:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

these look good to me, and they are easy to get.

i have a NOS set of earlier style caps, but i dont think they would look right. i am looking for pictures but cant find any. These are the NOS caps I am talking about: If you have a picture of a 69 nova with these on it please show me.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive design Hubcap

that it for now, i am all excited like a kid at Christmas. i will report back when i get i t home.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i got a look at the cowl tag and I'm a little confused? it says 11427, which i think means V8?

and i don't know what the "A" means on the bottom line?

Motor vehicle Plant Wood Font Metal

either way, I am gonna buy it.

·
Super Moderator
'67 4 door, 65 wagon. WISCONSIN
7,095 Posts
It would look good with a set of Ralley's like the one in the trunk.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,343 Posts
Micky - - about your "exhaust pipe" = don't worry about it - it looks correct too me.

look at my (very original 69 - when I 1st got my car) . My car came with stock (small) 14" 'skinny wheels' .
Then, when I went too front 'disc brakes' - I went with these 15" stock type 'Rally wheels' . .
I like the Rally wheels , better (those stock 14" wheels would not clear the 'stock front disc brakes' ) .
I still have my 4 dog dish caps . . but, I also really like those " SS " wheels . . (those were THE HOT Ticket =
back in the 60 - 70 - 80's .
When, I bought my 69 Roadrunner - - straight to K-Mart , for new tires & Cragar SS wheels.

I have a pic of my car - wearing those Dog Dish caps , somewhere . .

Here's my right side stock 250 tail pipe :

my car is also = rubber floor mats . . (y)

jim

Reactions: Smee78

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
more pic. the clock has spun around.
View attachment 442183 View attachment 442184 View attachment 442185 View attachment 442186 View attachment 442187 View attachment 442188 View attachment 442189
[/QUOTE
It appears to be a low/no option car with 6 and manual trans. Looks to be in good shape but $25k strikes me as high. Having said that I haven’t shopped for one in a while. A base car with 6 , manual 3spd, and manual drum brakes will not be a lot of fun to drive for anything more than short distances. I’ d keep looking.

·
Registered
1967 Chevy II
23 Posts
Looks very nice and well kept, agree with everyone else, if it's a northern car, thoroughly check for "hidden" rust and underneath. Drive it and enjoy it - later if you want a big block or LS...DO IT haha!
I agree that 25 is about where it should be at.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That is a clean looking ride, I love thoes inline-six motors, they just run like a sewing machine. I hope shes everything you were looking for, let us know what rims/cap you go with.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you don't hurry up and buy it soon....
Someone else will own this prize !
what do you guys think of this car? bare bones 69. straight six, i assume a 250? the color isnt too nice but maybe it will grow on me. talk me into or out of it. whats a fair price? View attachment 442163 View attachment 442164 View attachment 442165 View attachment 442166 View attachment 442167 View attachment 442168 View attachment 442169 View attachment 442170 View attachment 442171 View attachment 442172
If you don't hurry up and buy it soon...
Someone else will own this prize !

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The brown nova now belongs to me.

this came with the car, not sure what its for?

i also got the receipt from the day it was bought, and the bill of lading, which i guess is cool to have.

some people go crazy for this stuff.

if you turned this car upside down you could put your breakfast on it and eat it, its that clean.

cant wait to get it home.

Font Wood Rectangle Paper Paper product

·
Registered
119 Posts
what do you guys think of this car? bare bones 69. straight six, i assume a 250? the color isnt too nice but maybe it will grow on me. talk me into or out of it. whats a fair price? View attachment 442163 View attachment 442164 View attachment 442165 View attachment 442166 View attachment 442167 View attachment 442168 View attachment 442169 View attachment 442170 View attachment 442171 View attachment 442172
Check it over real good for rust, if it’s solid and it’s priced in the 15/20k range I would have to go for it, you can always swap an LS in to it and damn near double your money. Imho

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't see anything in those pictures that concerns me. Minnesota plates? Did the car live in the rust belt? Paint looks newer? I would be under it looking for rust and checking every panel for repairs and filler.
TR67 is right. I’d be looking for rust. It’s possible a Minnesota car owner could have been vigilant against rust but it’s hard to say. Only you can make sure it really is rust free. If so, it makes all the difference. There are many suggestions from others here that you should heed. If everything checks out, Looks like a huge score for you!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts