Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was a pretty good pass! It looked like it moved around off the starting line..........did it spin or does it always drive out like that? What was your 60'?
NO THE TRACK WAS GARBAGE! IT RAINED THE NIGHT BEFORE AND THEY DONT PREP VERY WELL HERE IN SAC. PLUS THEY ARE USING SOME NEW VHT THAT IS ALREADY 60% ALCOHOL AND THEN CUTTING IT AGAIN WITH 50% SO IT SUCKS. ON A GRUDGE NIGHT THEY PREP ALOT BETER AND THE CAR NORMALLY GOES STRAIGHT OUT THE GATE. I THE FIRST N20 PASS I HAD THE WHEELS ABOUT 3-4 FEET IN THE AIR BUT DIDNT GET IT ON FILM!:mad:AND MY 60' WAS A 1.35 AND A 1.32 6.0 @ 115 IN THE 1/8.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good job josh!!
thanks! I didnt get the big wheel stand on video but theres more to come. Im still a little fat on the hit so im going to tune it in some more and try and hit a .3x if i can. I think it should.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
how much

front end travel are you allowing ?

looks like it jumped around a lil on that pass ,,, read what you said about track prep ,,

it might leave a lil more settled with the front anchored down ,, i'm gonna shut up now cuz i like only as much front end travel as possibly needed

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Nice pass. But I have a question.........What about wheelie bar's? Have you thought about them or are they not allowed in your class? I know that I am playing with the idea myself for my new engine combo.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
front end travel are you allowing ?

looks like it jumped around a lil on that pass ,,, read what you said about track prep ,,

it might leave a lil more settled with the front anchored down ,, i'm gonna shut up now cuz i like only as much front end travel as possibly needed
im still dialing it in. it probably could use 2-3 more flats on the preload passenger side. it was worse earlier in the day and i gave it more and it got better. i watched it in slow mo and and you could see it drive to left just a little still. ill get it leaving straight as an arrow with the wheels up. just need a little more test time.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice pass. But I have a question.........What about wheelie bar's? Have you thought about them or are they not allowed in your class? I know that I am playing with the idea myself for my new engine combo.
i dont want to put bars on it. i dont race in a class. i only do heads up racing. (GRUDGE STYLE) if i aint going over or draging the bumper i dont need bars. JMO. PLUS IT LOOKS WAY COOLER ON VIDEO.:yes:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
let me know if i can help in any way. ill be more than happy to do what i can just let me know.
X2 eddie let me know if ya need some help. July 4th GF would be a good night. Some of us Norcal1320 guys are bringing BBQ's should be fun.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Cool!! I appreciate the offers, I may hit you up on that! Really all I need to do is make a template and install the rear firewall and I am ready to go. I am sure I will have some tunning to do but then again who doesnt'.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts