Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope one of you Northeastern fellas can help me out?

Long story short...

My fatherinlaw is visiting in Maryland (Gaithersburgh) and a relative is trying to find out the best way to either file for a lost title or track down the title history on this car. The vehicle was purchased by her husand and passed soon after the purchase and never got to transfer the title. Maryland Licensing says it's not in their system when run by VIN#. There's a possibility that the car is form North Carolina? He just needs the correct procedure to process all this and get it done hopefully before he leaves in a week and a half.

And just in case your wondering no we're not trying to do anything illegal. It was all legal but the paperwork has been lost since the death. It's only a moderately restored '72 Superbeetle so it's not like it's worth a mint or anything? It was a purchase for his daughter as a gift. I know your state licensing laws out there are different then ours here in WA.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were just able to make contact with the seller they bought the car from. Sh had moved to N.C. but is willing to meet them to go in and transfer the title in person with them.

Thanks for your assistance! Much appreciated!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts