Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
My front tires rub when turning the car & the rear tires a little as well.
My car is a 69 bbc the front coils are worn out & rear leaf springs as well.
I've ordered new coils & leaf springs, I feel the car is sagging & it rides terrible& scrapes when going over bumps. I'm running 255/60/15's on back & 225/60/15's up front. I've ordered the new springs to stock height as well as the rears. I just want to make sure that I don't go the wrong way with putting new springs on. Also does anyone have the stock wheel opening height for the 3rd gen cars? Thanks Brian appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,665 Posts
How wide are your wheels?.... and what is the backspacing for the front wheels and the rear wheels?
Did you convert your Nova from front drum brakes to disc brakes?

These items also factor in when dealing with tire clearances.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
To answer ist response, I don't know how wide the tires are & how much they are off set. The car was an orig frt disc car.Thanks
second response I just want to make sure the new springs & coils are going to raise the car up? There are frt coil spacers up front but again weak coils & rear leafs have had helpers put in but again very old crusty springs. thx

·
Registered
659 Posts
New springs all around will most definitely raise it up. To give one idea, I had a '71 Nova with iron head BBC, aluminum intake, headers, power steering and brakes. I used a Moog small block with AC front spring and the car ended up about an inch lower than stock in the front. It rode and drove very nice. A big block spring will raise the car more and give a little rougher ride. You can always cut a coil off if the car is too high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts