Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this for some time if i hit a speed bump or a dip then sudden ramp in the road, the tire will hit the top of the Inside Fender... Looking for advicee on what i can do to fix / stop the tire for hitting.

Thinking i need new springs, but have never done new springs and not sure what to buy or if i should take it to some one to get it done.

Any advice would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,520 Posts
Looks like someone tried to lower the car with a torch. I'd replace the springs and the shocks for starters. Then there's the while it's apart job growth; ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.
The springs you want are going to depend on a few things like what engine you have, A/C or not and height you are looking for. There are lots of threads about springs, which sizes and where to get them. Most spring part numbers are the same from various suppliers. When you are looking at pricing, consider the total cost with shipping so that you are looking at total cost to you.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Another good thing to note is that if you go with stock height springs, your car will be higher than what it is now considering what your springs look like now.

A spring swap isn't the hardest thing to tackle on your own. A spring compressor can be rented from your local parts store typically for free (Autozone does it here). The rest of it is just nuts and bolts and a BFH to separate the BJs. If you get lowered springs, it's actually easier to get them in as well. Just thought that was worth mentioning incase you were considering attempting it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.