Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will my Hooker 2122's be ok with the CBR conversion? I could of sworn everyone was, or had to use the 2243's.
Also, whats the part # for the IDIDIT column? Is it 1120649910?
Flaming River is just as good correct?

·
Vendor
4,072 Posts
If you are running a standard shift transmission any header you choose will need our 3rd joint and support bearing kit, it puts a dog leg in the steering shaft for extra clearance. The 2243 is for the automatic and offers the best fit without any extra mods.

I only supply Ididit with our products!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

Ididit columns have 9 tilt positions vs 5 for the flaming river. If you dont need tilt you can mod you stock column to work with a couple bearings. Check out the write up I did on mine.

Sorry I dont have any exhaust info other than the nova ramhorns work on mine.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193038
If you are running a standard shift transmission any header you choose will need our 3rd joint and support bearing kit, it puts a dog leg in the steering shaft for extra clearance. The 2243 is for the automatic and offers the best fit without any extra mods.

I only supply Ididit with our products!
Thanks for the info Ryan, I forgot about the adjustment count.
So Chuck, with my standard SS floor shift, I'll need the 3rd joint regardless with the 2122's?

·
Registered
1966 350/4-speed coupe
98 Posts
I used heavily modified Hooker 2122's, CBR kit, and 3rd joint kit on my car with a Muncie M20 floor shift.

A few issues with those headers that I found on my car:

1). #3 tube touched my oil pan, scratching up paint off the pan.
2). #2 tube ran over and down near the passenger shock tower, getting to the #4 plug was utterly painful.
3). #1 tube prevented me from getting correct geometry for U-joint down to steering rack no matter what I tried with 3rd joint kit. Always had interference with the steering shaft hitting this tube. I also remember it came super close to the oil filter too, making oil changes extremely fun.

I gave up and brought the car and headers to my exhaust shop and he modified them so that all of the above annoyances were fixed.

·
Vendor
4,072 Posts
Thanks for the info Ryan, I forgot about the adjustment count.
So Chuck, with my standard SS floor shift, I'll need the 3rd joint regardless with the 2122's?
Adam it has nothing to do with the floor shift it has everything to do with the fact it is a standard shift car using a Z-bar. Because of the Z-bar the headers have to be routed differently thus creating steering shaft issues.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my bad

Adam it has nothing to do with the floor shift it has everything to do with the fact it is a standard shift car using a Z-bar. Because of the Z-bar the headers have to be routed differently thus creating steering shaft issues.
Its an automatic floor shift in the console car. No manual transmission here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts