Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has come up countless times but I'm interested in the largest 15" wheel and tire combination that can be used front and rear. Thinking about rally wheels and Radial TAs.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Hi there --- you didn't say which years -- from u'r picture it's a 3rd gen Nova .

you can read some info over here :

http://www.2quicknovas.com/tirefit.html

have fun

and, WELCOME TO SNS ....

...... jim

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Jim ...

also,look here: Wheel and Tire Section : (@ top of page)

Sticky: 3rd Generation (68 - 74) Wheel and Tire Fitment

with some pictures ........... enjoy ............. jim

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you're married to having the widest steel rally wheel you can fit, I would say that you're likely best off calling up Wheel Vintiques and see if they'll custom size you a set for the best outcome.

I can't help you much with the fronts, but I will tell you that I managed to stuff 275/60R15's on the back of my '69 Nova using theseWheel Vintique's Style 30 wheel in 15x8 with 5" backspacing. It could use another 1/4 of an inch or so to be "perfectly" centered in the wheel well, but I didn't want to pay the huge difference it would have been to have custom wheels made.

I had to cut the dust covers off of the shocks in the factory location, and I do get some very minor rubbing on the quarter panels with the tires occasionally. Using Energy Suspension poly bushings in the leaf springs helps with that, immensely.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Backspacing

What is the front and rear backspacing on your 15" X 7" rally wheels?
Did you assess the increase of space between the 7" rim and the 8" rim?

Thank-you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts