Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tires will fit? I have a 1966 Nova.
I am 52 yrs young! I have 6 kids a wife. Back in the day I always loved Nova’s
So it has been years but I finally got one last year. My dream car. I love it!
It has 14 inch rims, I want rally rims on it. I got the rims,center caps and beauty rings.
The thing is they are 15x7. What tires will fit on it without any rubbing? Can anyone help? I appreciate any help in advance. And thanks for letting me join your group. Thanks again Joe

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tire Size

What tires will fit? I have a 1966 Nova.
I am 52 yrs young! I have 6 kids a wife. Back in the day I always loved Nova’s
So it has been years but I finally got one last year. My dream car. I love it!
It has 14 inch rims, I want rally rims on it. I got the rims,center caps and beauty rings.
The thing is they are 15x7. What tires will fit on it without any rubbing? Can anyone help? I appreciate any help in advance. And thanks for letting me join your group. Thanks again Joe
Joe- I feel your pain. My wife has a 63 with 13 inch wheels and a 185 is the biggest I can get. With the 14 inch there is probably many bigger ones that are available. The bigger the better as I have better control and steering with the 185 than with the little toy wheels it came with. Maybe the mossbacks can help you as they are more knowing than me. Can't wait to change from 4 lug to 5 lug wheels but just need info on how to proceed.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
joe b.......... i also have a 66 with ralleys on. first the back, i have 15 x 7'' with a 4 1/8 back space an a 235 60 15 an they are tight. i have to let the air out to install so i can clear the brake hub an inner fender lip. they are tight but no rubbing. now the front i have early 70's chevelle disks that moved my hubs out like a 1/2-5/8''. so the ralleys i had at 14 x 6'' with a 3 3/4'' back space rubbed terrible. so i now have 14 x 6 with a 4 3/8'' back space with a 205 70 14 tire an work perfect with full turns an no rubs. so alot of the fit is all about the back space of the rim. here is a link that might help, lots to read.
https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174591

1 - 3 of 3 Posts