Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
255/60 with a 15x8 5"bs wheel, ive had a 295/50 with 15x8 4.5"bs but had to notch out the lip and raise the rear a little, heres a pic

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just put 275/60's under my 70. 15 x 8's w a 5.5 inch bs. had to use a 1/4 inch spacer. looks badddddd. i needed to put on longer wheel studs and the inner fender had been previously trimmed. no rubbing issues. i should have some pics up soon (i've been saying that for about 2 months). i don't like how it sits (a little too high) so now i'm putting on 1 inch lowering blocks. we shall see........

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Dr Denny, why are you using 1/4" spacers?

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
I didn't want to chance rubbing the inner wheel house. The M/T section width of the M/T's were a little wider than my Cooper Cobras. They did not rub either.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I didn't want to chance rubbing the inner wheel house. The M/T section width of the M/T's were a little wider than my Cooper Cobras. They did not rub either.
Thanks, I thought it was to clear the suspension possibly, your tire looks right at home in the wheel well.:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
It fit nicely. Although when I lowered the back by 1" and added the pinion shims I did have to re drill the shock hole on the left traction bar in about 3/4" and cut about the same off the end.

Thanks,
Denis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts