Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be putting a 305/45/18 tire on the rear of my 66', the actual tire width at the widest point is 12", will this fit with a Heidt's rear 4 link clip. I am under the understanding that if I were to notch the frame rail in order to accommodate this tire, that the Heidt's rear clip will no longer fit. Any input or advice will be helpful, I don't have ready access to a welder so I was trying to go with something bolt in, but I'll do what needs to be done.

·
Vendor
1,236 Posts
I will be putting a 305/45/18 tire on the rear of my 66', the actual tire width at the widest point is 12", will this fit with a Heidt's rear 4 link clip. I am under the understanding that if I were to notch the frame rail in order to accommodate this tire, that the Heidt's rear clip will no longer fit. Any input or advice will be helpful, I don't have ready access to a welder so I was trying to go with something bolt in, but I'll do what needs to be done.

You can run the 305 MM tire on a 10" rim but you must do a 2" mini tub on your inner fender wells. If you don't want to cut your wheel wells you can use a 8" rim with a 265MM tire.
Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mini Tub isn't even a question, I know I'll be doing that, I just want to know if I will be able to stuff that tire in without modifying the frame rail. I just don't want to purchase a Heidt's rear 4 link and find out it won't work for what I need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disregard this post, I let my emotions get a hold of me. Common sense finally set in, so I went to the car with a tape measure and found out I have nearly 14" of space between the frame rail and fender lip, if anything would be in question, it would be clearance on the lead edge in the fender well, and that's just because of how tall the tires will be...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts