Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I installed drop spindles and a disc brake kit. The front tires rub when turning now. I am looking for suggestions for a solution. Narrower tire? A different rally with more offset? "Roll" and trim the wheel well? A combination of these? I would appreciate any input. Here are some pics. BTW, the back is going to be lowered and the back wheel wells will be getting a minor trim.

rubbing by DanK1, on Flickr

rub 2 by DanK1, on Flickr

rub by DanK1, on Flickr

side view by DanK1, on Flickr

front by DanK1, on Flickr

lowered by DanK1, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Wrong bs talley wheel.....what, size wheels...tires and back space?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not positive on the backspace. I think it is a 3 1/2 bs 15 x 6. It has a P205/60R15 now.

This is what it looked like before the drop spindles. I had worn out springs though)

"Prime Time" by cinnamonsnow, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I am not positive on the backspace. I think it is a 3 1/2 bs 15 x 6. It has a P205/60R15 now.

This is what it looked like before the drop spindles. I had worn out springs though)

"Prime Time" by cinnamonsnow, on Flickr
With those drop spindles your gonna need wheels with 4.5bs.....I hade the same size tire on a 14x6 ralley wheel with 4 3/8 back space and they did not rub:no:

·
Registered
260 Posts
14 x 7 rally here with 4-3/4" backspace. There is a guy here in NJ that cut my wheels and added the backspace that I needed. No more rubbing.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I may have to order some new rallys. Gotta do what I gotta do to keep this stance. It looks good. :) I appreciate all the input.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

The wheels are 15x7 and have at least a 4 inch BS. So I tried some new tires. P19560R15s. They work. And they look better anyways. I will trim and roll the fenders just as an added insurance. Will post pics later.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Bolt heads

My old tires rubbed on the bolt heads that hold the inner fender to the outer. I was changing my wheels & tires anyway and the new ones work just fine.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts