Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,836 Posts
All stock, with the front end in good condition, the biggest I ever could get under the front of my '65 wagon in the front was 195/70/14 on stock rims, without any interference.

Especially for the front, something a little lower profile like a 70 or 60 series would probably be a better choice, as the stock geometry in the front is murder on sidewalls in sharp turns.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Everybody, thanks for your responses. Oh well, maybe I’ll keep’em on as an incentive until fenders go on?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
There are some factors that would be helpful to determine if this wheel and tire combination will work for you..

Those wheels pictured are available in 14x6 & 14x7.. Which do you have?
What front end are you running?
What brakes and what spindles stock height or dropped?

I have a set 14x6 traditional rally wheels as well as a set of 14x7s like the ones you have pictured here. My TCI MII front clip has dropped spindles and the 14x6 wheel will not clear the steering arm with the tie rod installed.. Your overall tire size may not be a problem if you have a TCI clip as they move the front axle back about 1/2”.. Also, they move the frame rails inboard to make larger wheel and tire sizes possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts