Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide between Hoosier QTP 26x9 and the M/T ET radial 235/60R15. Which one will hook best? I am not worried about life of the tire. I want the best hooking tire that I can drive to and from the track with. I narrowed it down to these 2 but can't make the final decision. I am leaning towards the Radial but only if it will hook equally.

Anyone tried both?

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I run the MT Radials and manage a 1.7 60ft with no traction aids- Im very happy with them!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I run the Mickey radial, grant it I run the 295 size but I do manage 1.30 60 foots and et at 8.58 so far. I'm 3470lbs and run mono leaf caltrac suspension.

Everyone I know who runs them.....loves them. Most of which run 8 second cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ran 235 BFG Drag Radial with no luck. Now I run M/T Sportsman Pro 10.5 but they are about gone. The 235 radial seems small and they have a bigger (I think 295/50/16) that would fit in the old Nova but nobody makes a 16" with the right spacing. I think I might try the 235 radial next.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've run both types of tires and like the radials alot. The only thing I don't like is they weigh about twice as much as the QTPs. Hoosier and goodyear should have a street radial by spring so you might want to hold off until then.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Same exact tires I'm running, I love em. They hook great, but I have found on my car they have to be nice and warm. Drive 25 miles round trip to the track, no problems. Launch at 4100 with old generic slapper bars and no spin as you can see by my 60'.;)

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
FRom anyone's expierences how do they MT street radials handle in rain? I've heard wonderful things about how they hook and plus they look pretty sweet on the car. But will these tires be suitable for a daily driver? provided i drive carefully in rain, think they might work alright?

66chevyiiss did ya mailorder those tires? did they just come liek that or in a box? boy i'd liek to come to see that on the porch. :)

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Scooter said:
FRom anyone's expierences how do they MT street radials handle in rain? I've heard wonderful things about how they hook and plus they look pretty sweet on the car. But will these tires be suitable for a daily driver? provided i drive carefully in rain, think they might work alright?
MT doesn't seem to think so:

WARNING: ET Street Radial tires have passed D.O.T. requirements but have reduced tread depth and compounds designed for racing. Due to the reduced tread depth these tires should be used on dry pavement only.
I just bought a set of of ET Streets also. If I can help it, the car will never see rain again, M/T tires or not. :)

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Several buddys run the MT radials on their Stockers. They also have a set of slicks always mounted up. When I asked them about it they said the Radials work great in certain situations but in other situations they are not good so they use the MT slicks. Seems like one worked better in hot weather and ill prepped tracks but I forget which is which. They also said the radials were faster when they could run them.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I run the 235's on mine and I love'em. Hook great ride great it's a good all around tire for dragracing and on the street. I usually ru n18#s in mine at the track and I do very little burnout.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scooter said:
66chevyiiss did ya mailorder those tires? did they just come liek that or in a box? boy i'd liek to come to see that on the porch. :)

-Aaron
Ordered them off ebay, thats how they came. They are still that way to this day also since my car is still broken lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts