Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm in the process of deciding which tires to run and would like to get some opinions/experiences. I'll be running 205/45's front and I'd prefer 235/50's in the rear, though I see guys run 235/45's that look good as well.

Here are some of the brands I'm looking at:

Falken Ziex 612/912 Here

Yokohama S. Drive Here

Kuhmo Ecsta 4X Here

Dunlop Direzza DZ101 Here

Any other suggestions or opinions on the ones listed? Thanks.

Ronnie

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not sure if they make one in the sizes you're looking for, but I've been very happy with the BF Goodrich G-force KDW model. I have these in a 275/40/17 size on my Camaros, excellent performance tires. I would also consider the BFG G-force Sport, which is slightly cheaper and will probably be the next one going on my '02 later this year.

I've also had Goodyear Eagle F1 D3 in a 17" size, and it was a great tire as well. Very expensive though.

I have no experience with the ones you've linked above.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I run Falken 912's in a 205 50 15 and 235 60 15 on my first gen. They have a good balance between treadwear and handling for me. They aren't noisy on the freeway and the only complaint I have is I wish they were slightly softer compound. I'd give up a bit of wear for some more grip. They work well in So Cal wet weather and took very little weight to balance up. I'll be looking for some 245 and 255 width tires from Falken when I change up my wheel combo in the upcoming months as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i would do bfg sport compact 2 or hankook ventus v12 but it all depends on what your looking for, mileage? tread design? winter tire? summer tire? we sell all tire brands so im not bias to one brand or another. i have hankook h727 on my wheels just cause they have a 100k mileage warranty.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would do bfg sport compact 2 or hankook ventus v12 but it all depends on what your looking for, mileage? tread design? winter tire? summer tire? we sell all tire brands so im not bias to one brand or another. i have hankook h727 on my wheels just cause they have a 100k mileage warranty.
My car sees around 5k miles a year, only dry weather but I do drive in colder temps sometimes. I'm okay with a 30-40k mile tire.

My first choice is definitely the BFG Sport Comps, but they only make a 235/45R17 and not a 235/50R17. :rolleyes: The 45 is a full inch smaller than the 50, and I'd like to go with the taller tire. So with that said, my options for the 50 series tires are the ones I listed...unless anyone has other suggestions.

The Falkens are the most affordable of the options, but I've not heard many reviews about them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
why not run a 245-45/17 rear it opens up alot of doors for you. a 235-50-17 is 26.3 inches od with a section width of 9.3 and shoulder of 4.6 and a 245-45-17 is 25.7 od with a section width of 9.6 and shoulder of 4.3 which is less than half inch smaller.

also if you drive in colder temps i would say get a all season tire.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why not run a 245-45/17 rear it opens up alot of doors for you. a 235-50-17 is 26.3 inches od with a section width of 9.3 and shoulder of 4.6 and a 245-45-17 is 25.7 od with a section width of 9.6 and shoulder of 4.3 which is less than half inch smaller.

also if you drive in colder temps i would say get a all season tire.
I'd love to run a 245/45 in the rear, but I'll be running 4.25" backspacing wheels and they'd probably rub the fender lip.

I'll be running Coy's C55 17x7 with 4.25 bs all the way around.

·
Registered
125 Posts
have you looked at continential extreme contact dws or dw? i like the dw ones. they have sizes your looking for. the falkens 912 are good tire but not for cold temps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know who I'm going to hit up for my next set of tires^^... Any chance you can get Coys wheels Jeremy?
i can get coys, they just dont give us a big break on price to pass it on. so basically same price you could get from them ,i can maybe save you 20.00 bucks they come to pomona for the swap meets so that would be your best bet to save on shipping. i can try to help you best i can on them .

your best bet back east is prob tire rack.com for tires,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts