Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys. I might be just showing my limited knowledge on my motor timing skills, let me see what you guys think...I set the timing back in august when i changed the plugs and wires, and did some other various tune-up things...well. it has been running pretty good. but the last couple of times (within the past 2 weeks) it hasnt been running so good. It seems like the timing is off. I checked it and it hasn't moved around and the dist. is snug. when you kill it it park, it does that kinda keep turning over...does the timing change with the warmer weather???

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you sure your dampner isn't broken and moving around not showing the correct timing even though you tried to readjust it?

Make a mark withon the dampner and the block, run for a week and see if both mark are still aligned, if not then the dampner rubber insert is broken and letting it move around changing your timing when adjusting. If still aligned then it's ok.

Erick

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Greatest liklihood is a change in the quality of the gas combined with the engine maybe not having been wrung out lately.

Jus my two cents.

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Greatest liklihood is a change in the quality of the gas combined with the engine maybe not having been wrung out lately.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Summer blend

65pro,,,,,,,,,,I'd have to agree with Dan.This time of year the oil companies begin to ship "summer blend" to the southern states.When your car ran good last month the tank had "mostly" winter blend:mad: .By now the mix in your tank is closer to 100% summer blend:beer: .If "she" doesn't ping:eek: too bad,with this timing,just adjust the idle screw to lower the idle about 50rpm and see if that cures the "run on":rolleyes: .
Of course who needs an excuse to "ring her out" for the sake of a tune up:D
You could buy a drum of VP U-2 and keep the mix right all year 'round:cool:

RED67

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont think its the dampner...
i am prolly gonna bet its got more to do with the 'summer blend' gasoline, when i was down to see my parents last week, my dad said it smelled different, like it was weak gas...its not running real bad, its just not like it was with the cold weather...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts