Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my LS swap a week or so ago and had her tuned yesterday so today its 75 in NC and I go out for my first real cruise with the new engine and tranny. I stopped and hit it about two thirds throttle from a 10 MPH roll and I could hear the pinion hitting the floor over the tires protesting. It has an 8.8 that has been narrowed and the pinion is centered but that rear has a rather large pinion flange and yoke. New springs or is there another way to fix this? I love the stance as is?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First thanks for all of the wonderful advise but I do believe in closing out a thread. I installed Summit four leaf springs this past weekend. Height went from 25.5" at the top of the rear fender well to 26.5". No more bottoming out at all. I also made and installed a set of knock off Caltrac bars and the pinion is no longer hitting the floor on launch.

·
Registered
928 Posts
First thanks for all of the wonderful advise but I do believe in closing out a thread. I installed Summit four leaf springs this past weekend. Height went from 25.5" at the top of the rear fender well to 26.5". No more bottoming out at all. I also made and installed a set of knock off Caltrac bars and the pinion is no longer hitting the floor on launch.
Hey NCdeere, I've noticed a lot of threads with no comments lately, not sure why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts