Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of buying a tilt steering column for my 62 with a TCI clip with power steering. I've narrowed it down to a Flaming River column. But what length should I get, 30 or 32 inch column. Also what steering column hook ups should I get. Should I get the Double D or spline type of hook up. What do you guys think. Any suggestions out there.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I typically suggest a 32" on an aftermarket bolt on frame.

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
TechGuy said:
I typically suggest a 32" on an aftermarket bolt on frame.
I agree with the 32" length. I installed a 30" Ididit with spline shaft on my '63 with a TCI front clip and there is about 3/8" clearance between the intermediate shaft and the header. The 32" will have more clearance.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. This is what I did. I bought the 30in polished and a DD vibration dampener, which is about 1 1/2in longer than the stock DD joint this is to make up the difference for the 32 in column. One other thing, what do I need to hook up the stock wiring on my 62. Anyway this Dam stuff is expensive.:eek: But I had to pop for the polished column.

·
Registered
14 Posts
column length

I was wondering where the seat is for this 32" length? I have my seat moved back even with the post and I am not sure 32 is right.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If its not long enough for you can add a spacer to the steering wheel to bring it out further. Grant makes them, and I think they come in different length too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts