Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the CPP mini sub kit on my 66 with new upper bushings and ball joints. I tightend the control arm bushes with the weight on the vehicle. My front suspension has become so stiff I can hardly move it when trying to bounce it like you do when checking shocks. (with all of 230lbs. of body weight). The car is not riding too harsh it just won't bounce . Am I too tight somewhere? It bounced normal until the "upgrade".

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine was the same way after the CPP kit was installed. Got everything together and drove straight to the alignment shop which was a waste of $60. The car really settled after 2-3 weeks and had to be realigned. I chalked it up to new springs and bushings. The shocks were fairly new, but had about 300 miles on them and would still move with the old setup. Even after putting ~5000 miles on the new front suspension it is still very stiff compared to the nearly 50 year old original. It is amazing how we get used to the loose suspension and accept it as normal until we fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts