Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone get woken up at 3am with the sustained thunder?:eek: Man, the whole house was shaking! I've never experienced thunder lasting that long and shaking the house, wierd!

·
Registered
89 Posts
LMFAO!!!!!!!!:yes::no::yes::no::yes: You native SoCal guys are funny! I was born and raised in N.E. Oklahoma with tornadoes and it just cracks me up to hear you freak:eek: about the thunder! :DI like you, your funny!:D

But if it makes you feel better, my Australian Shepard is a SoCal native and she cowers under the end table after every burst of thunder and shakes for hours afterward. I guess there's just something in the water.....

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
That's nothing, you've never experienced sharing a tent with me during a field exercise after eating some beans! :eek::devil:

·
Registered
996 Posts
they were just on the news talking about it here in san diego.
thunder storms with hail. strange weather going on right now in so cal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I grew up in Tucson and was witness to some pretty awesome lighting/thunder storms, But that one last night was without a doubt the longest continuous thunder I have ever heard:yes::yes:. I just happened to be awake last night when it went off, and the flash was huge and then :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

James

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I didn't hear anything in the morning. But I did at work. I had to come down off of the roof for safety reasons.
It is going on right now over here in the foothills. Bev hates it. She runs and hides under the blankets and pillows.
I go out side to watch :D

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This morning before I brought the boys to school we went out in the back yard and watched lightning strikes hit the mountains behind us. It was and awesome sight! One of them caused a fire but shortly after we heard the sirens the fire was out.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
The first one at 3am was kind of weird:eek:!!! I was awake and was listening to a plane that took off from the Airport going westbound along Mission. I guess the jet engines masked the crackling you here before the bang and all i got was plane then BANG!!!!:eek::yes: Soon found out it was thunder but that wasnt my first thought! It was a real big one for sure. Cool but scary at the same time!:D

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Too funny.....my wife woke me up asking if we were having an earthquake. I grew up in the midwest and don't think I ever experienced a single thunder as long as that. It was very bizarre. I actually got up and opened the window to hear it. It lasted that long!!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Too funny.....my wife woke me up asking if we were having an earthquake. I grew up in the midwest and don't think I ever experienced a single thunder as long as that. It was very bizarre. I actually got up and opened the window to hear it. It lasted that long!!
:eek: i didnt hear s*** :yes: and my wife didnt wake up and she is a light sleeper but this morning was different i work in ranch cucamunga and them lightning strikes were pretty close to me :eek: and i was pumping out flammable liquid today while i was out side under a metal awning ............. could you imagine if ............:devil: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek: :eek::confused:

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:eek: i didnt hear s*** :yes: and my wife didnt wake up and she is a light sleeper but this morning was different i work in ranch cucamunga and them lightning strikes were pretty close to me :eek: and i was pumping out flammable liquid today while i was out side under a metal awning ............. could you imagine if ............:devil: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek: :eek::confused:
We'd have to call you "chevyIIheaven"!:angel::D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts