Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had carb and timing issues I could not resolve so, Had the car on the dyno.

Brad at Haney Dyno seemed to be enjoying himself on this pull :D But I forgive him for playing ,he found 45 HP when he was done tuning.

Range through final pulls was 330 - 340 HP / 400 - 420 TQ at rear wheels.
Yes, yes 68SSGrandpa you were very close on your estimate :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02zhTpSF4hU

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Man it's alway's a bonus when you find extra HP when you were'nt looking for them.:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man it's alway's a bonus when you find extra HP when you were'nt looking for them.:yes:
oh yeah, it is like a different car, snap, whack, whack. I advise if anyone has access to a dyno for test and tune it is rewarding.

Everything harder now, pulls, shifts, hits top end faster. did a 1st to 2nd shift, it walked the car sideways like on ice, then shift to 3rd it squirmed before hooking. It is so much more intense 3rd is just a screaming banshee ,pulling and pulling.

When out I could not run 3rd out, too fast ate up too much road . I backed off, did not shift to 4th...that means "ok car you have my full attention, and I am puckering a bit :D

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I had carb and timing issues I could not resolve so, Had the car on the dyno.

Brad at Haney Dyno seemed to be enjoying himself on this pull :D But I forgive him for playing ,he found 45 HP when he was done tuning.

Range through pulls was 330 - 340 HP / 400 - 420 TQ at rear wheels.
Yes, yes 68SSGrandpa you were very close on your estimate :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02zhTpSF4hU
Nice to have her back with some extra ponies...what did he tweak?

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to have her back with some extra ponies...what did he tweak?
timing, mixture, float levels, WOT settings. Did not have to crack the carb to re-jet.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sounds good to me.
Strapped down and trying to jump off the dyno, neat pull, TQ rules.

I know Brad the dyno owner, I wish you would have got a shot of his face :) as he was jumping on the throttle.
No doubt, your car made his day rockin and rollin on his dyno.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
sounds great shaun!!!!!
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Good thing you had that "formerly pink " puppy tied down:D She looked like she wanted to fly:yes:

How much does he charge you and how long to get an appointment???

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
wolfen; How much does he charge you and how long to get an appointment???[/QUOTE said:
$75.00 for set up and first pull, not sure what he charges for extra pulls. I go the $150.00/hr rate. Which got me 4 pulls and all the in between tuning/adjustments in 1 hour. So a good deal for a fun event, a littel tune up and findng 45 more HP. Thats $3.33 for each found HP :cool: I called Friday and was booked in the next Tuesday.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I agree on bieng a good deal. I rear wheel dyno a minimum of once a year to check out if everything is still fine. Mind you I do drive 6,000 plus miles a year, so its worth knowing the tune, and engine are still very happy.
I have got as much as 27TQ at the wheels on one of my engine dyno's, and once that happens, the cost is easy to justify, cause 27TQ at the wheel is a serious seat of the pants change.
Once the initial rear wheel dyno is done, there really would be no need to go once a year unless you drive as much as I do, or made serious motor mods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts