Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone please post pics of thier throttle asembly from gas petal to carb linkage for a 1966 V8. I bought one to put it back to stock but don't have a picture.

Thanks as always,

Carl

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i dunno if a 67 & 66 are the same and i'm not positive i saw it... but i think i saw a shot of what yer lookin' for at NovatoriusRex's site... check it out if ya like.

lotsa pics and great documentation... i hope i'm helpin' ;)

http://www.67chevyii.com/

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
the Flyer said:
i dunno if a 67 & 66 are the same and i'm not positive i saw it... but i think i saw a shot of what yer lookin' for at NovatoriusRex's site... check it out if ya like.

lotsa pics and great documentation... i hope i'm helpin' ;)

http://www.67chevyii.com/
I'm pretty sure they do share the same setup Johnny. Page 17 and Page 18 of my website show my interpretation of stock-type throttle linkage. While the throttle rod setup is different, the firewall end of the linkage is the OEM setup for a V8.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Fyler and Rex,
Rex I hope you don't mind me copying your throttle arm that is sweet for the price. The reason I'm going to switch is because I changed back to stock and can't get full throttle on my Demon.

Thank again,

Carl

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Carl 66 said:
Thank you Fyler and Rex,
Rex I hope you don't mind me copying your throttle arm that is sweet for the price. The reason I'm going to switch is because I changed back to stock and can't get full throttle on my Demon.

Thank again,

Carl
I have the exact same problem. I made a throttle arm extention at work to allow for a small amount of more arm throw. Started with a piece I knew was too long and cut it shorter in assembly to just miss the drop base air cleaner. 1 inch wide, 1/4 thick with evenly spaced 1/2 inch holes about 3 inch long bolted to the hole in the arm. I went from about 20% open secondaries to approx 60/70% open now. Lokar is the next step for me. My 700R4 cable is also limiting the linkage travel also. It's a total and complete clusterblank.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Carl 66 said:
Thank you Fyler and Rex,

Thank again,

Carl
I stole the idea from a Mustang websuite, so dont' apologize for stealing stolen goods. :D There's lots of adjustment room with this setup. I like it lots.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Carl 66 said:
The reason I'm going to switch is because I changed back to stock and can't get full throttle on my Demon.

Thank again,

Carl
Really? I have a stock throttle arm and I get full throttle on my 750 dp demon? At least last time I checked I did! :rolleyes: In fact, I know I checked this several times when my buddy

I'll check it again and get some pics with my wife holding it at WOT. :D I just need to get the pic on the first try so I am not flooding it out.:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guy's,
I was wondering were the bell crank mounts to the floor is there a spacer that goes under it? Mine seems to hit at the firewall. Someome posted that theu are going to a Lokar, I just changed mine from a Lokar it was binding even after I put a new (sleeve) on it and a new cable.

Carl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts