Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Price?

The Craigslist ad says $22,000 but the starting bid on e-bay is $18,300 with no mention of reserve. Sounds to me like $18,300 in cash, in person might buy it. At $18,300 it might be a pretty good buy. How a car in the Rockford area could possibly have no rust would be a mystery to me. Put it on a lift and check it out really well. $18,300 is a lot of money, but it does appear to be a car worth looking into if you're in the market for a '63.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
That's a real nice looking one :yes: Sometimes I feel like just saving the money to buy one complete like that :D

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
That's a real nice looking one :yes: Sometimes I feel like just saving the money to buy one complete like that :D
Just keep pouring money into parts like I do! Eventually you end up with a whole car.:D

·
13,809 Posts
Excellent looking '63 SS hardtop with all the trim. Seats look a little sun toasted, but in good shape. Body color firewall would make this an early '63 build.

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
How a car in the Rockford area could possibly have no rust would be a mystery to me. Put it on a lift and check it out really well.
He says it was his Daddy's car. Looks like a cream puff to me. He says it's "Cherry Red" but it looks like it might be the correct Palomar Red paint. Sometimes you find cars like this in northern states. I know where there is a '65 SS that is pretty rust-free in the Quad Cities area but that's because the car wasn't originally from IL. It was a North Carolina car. But I agree, I check it out thoroughly. Who knows? His Dad might have lived in Arizona and he just recently brought the car to Rockford or something.

If I was looking for a nice fairly unmolested '63SS this one would definitely catch my eye.

Excellent looking '63 SS convertible with all the trim. Seats look a little sun toasted, but in good shape. Body color firewall would make this an early '63 build.

Bob
Are you sure we're looking at the same car?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think we got another car in there somehow. The links I have above are not for a convert and it's definitely a red coupe.

·
13,809 Posts
The picture I posted of the convertible was to show what Palomar Red looks like. A previous poster stated that he thought the subject of this thread (63 SS hardtop) was more like Palomar Red than cherry red. A picture of the hardtop's cowl tag would provide the real answer. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,886 Posts
I love cars like the red '63 SS hardtop. (love the convertible as well). But the hardtop looks like it might be survivor or near survivor quality, and those cars should always command a premium. One of the more popular models of 1st and second generation Novas, it looks turn key in a great color combination, too. Breaks my heart that this kind of car used to be had at $3500, but that's ancient history. If it isn't rusty at all and drives like it looks, definitely worth $20K. You just can't find them like that anymore, at least for sale.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
The cowl tag is painted. Is that the way it would have come..?

Looks like a really nice car.. You just don't see them like that too often.. A 63ss was up on Craigslist here in SoCal in similar condition brown with saddle interior. It was up for a while at $22k another really gorgeous looking stock 63SS..

Attachments

·
13,809 Posts
How about when the fire wall is black..? Painted over as well..?
My '63 SS convertible was built after the changeover from body color firewalls to black. Black paint over the cowl tag, just like previous.

B.

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
The picture I posted of the convertible was to show what Palomar Red looks like. A previous poster stated that he thought the subject of this thread (63 SS hardtop) was more like Palomar Red than cherry red. A picture of the hardtop's cowl tag would provide the real answer. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob
Actually it was your post below that confused me Bob. The link was a Nova SS hardtop and out of the blue you posted this.....

Excellent looking '63 SS convertible with all the trim. Seats look a little sun toasted, but in good shape. Body color firewall would make this an early '63 build.

Bob
That's why I asked if we were seeing the same car?

But yes, the car does look like Palomar Red. Cool color. But unless it has one of those removable hardtops like the Corvette had I wasn't seeing a convertible. I had to check the links twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

·
13,809 Posts
Yeah, I guess I just think every red '63 SS should be a convertible:D. Not this one. Sorry for the continued confusion.

Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts