Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the original Pace Car from our track in 1971-72, they've had the car's decals repainted as it was originally too.

I managed to snap a picture with Jr in the background too.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Hey Paul, you got anymore details about the car?

Hemi? Stick or Auto.? Privately owned or still owned by the track? Low miles?

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Paul, you got anymore details about the car?

Hemi? Stick or Auto.? Privately owned or still owned by the track? Low miles?
It's privately owned buy the second owner, 4 spd with the 440 6 pack, not sure on the milage, but it has been fully restored. In 1972 it had Labatts 50 on the side as the track sponsor.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The Roadrunner Superbird is my quintessential delusional dream car. Genuine copies are far beyond my financial reach. Even if I could, I'd be too paranoid to drive it.

On the other hand, if I locate a solid Satellite or Belvedere I'd love to build one!

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
It's privately owned buy the second owner, 4 spd with the 440 6 pack, not sure on the milage, but it has been fully restored. In 1972 it had Labatts 50 on the side as the track sponsor.
440/6 pack - 4 speed car! Damn! :drool:

The Roadrunner Superbird is my quintessential delusional dream car. Genuine copies are far beyond my financial reach.
A guy that I know out here has 4 or 5 of them. :yes:

Yes, I said 4 or 5. All but one is the real deal but none of them are Daytonas or Hemi powered.

There's a show on Velocity called Graveyard Cars (?) where those guys found and picked up another one from my area. This one was a Daytona. I can't tell you anymore than that because I can't stomach that show and not because it's all MoPar.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
There's a show on Velocity called Graveyard Cars (?) where those guys found and picked up another one from my area. This one was a Daytona. I can't tell you anymore than that because I can't stomach that show and not because it's all MoPar.
There was a 2-door hardtop Coronet 440 project car on Long Island I had my eye on for a while, but the guy wanted way too much money for the condition it was in. I had visions of cloning it into a SuperBee. :cool: It's crazy what some of these old cars go for, even in terrible shape.

And I totally agree... I can't stomach the drama/hype/egos on that show or many of the other reality-type car shows. But I digress.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
There was a 2-door hardtop Coronet 440 project car on Long Island I had my eye on for a while, but the guy wanted way too much money for the condition it was in. I had visions of cloning it into a SuperBee. :cool: It's crazy what some of these old cars go for, even in terrible shape.

And I totally agree... I can't stomach the drama/hype/egos on that show or many of the other reality-type car shows. But I digress.
Yeah, the owner of the Daytona lives in Angola, NY which is about 30 miles or so from me, along Lake Erie.

I don't know the guy that has the Daytona but the guy I do know with all of the Super-chickens I guess knows him or knows of him. You know what they say about "birds of a feather". :rolleyes: :D

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Mopar cars fetch more money, because the panel dies were tossed out, a lot of GM and Ford's were kept and were being used. All the Mopar stuff has only recently been restamped, so it drove the prices up of the cars with the parts being rarer.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
The Mopar cars fetch more money, because the panel dies were tossed out, a lot of GM and Ford's were kept and were being used. All the Mopar stuff has only recently been restamped, so it drove the prices up of the cars with the parts being rarer.
I was amazed when I use to go to some Canadian swap meets to find a lot of N.O.S. parts for MoPars when you rarely saw them here if at all. Can you shine some light on that one Paul?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
to cool

their is a man that goes over to a car show or get together every sat here in tn he has one of the super bird he bought on barrett jackson from nicholas cage he signed the dash its pretty cool car very nice rolls in on a trailer un loads and parks

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Superbird

I remember when our local Plymouth dealership got 3 of these Superbirds.
A red one, a blue, and a yellow one. 2 of them were 440-4 1 was a 440-6.
I actually stop in one afternoon and "kicked the tires" and started and reved the motor in the 6 pack car. The design was just too radical for me at the time.
I don't remember the asking price , but I do know that those cars sat for at least 2 years because no one would buy them.
Mike

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I was amazed when I use to go to some Canadian swap meets to find a lot of N.O.S. parts for MoPars when you rarely saw them here if at all.
Most of the US Mopars were destroyed in awesome TV and movie scenes jumping over things!

Due to Canada's cooler climate, Beau and Lucas Duke would not be able to leave the windows down year-round to climb in/out. Besides, would you want to watch a Charger named "The Robert Nelson" with a giant red leaf painted on top?

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was amazed when I use to go to some Canadian swap meets to find a lot of N.O.S. parts for MoPars when you rarely saw them here if at all. Can you shine some light on that one Paul?
I'm not sure why, but I think Ontario with its larger population had a bigger Mopar following. Where I live there has always been a Mopar dealership since as far back as I can remember and there are still a few sweet rides around town with Hemi's in them.

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dreamed I went to Mopar Heaven...:yes:
LOL, I was thinking of you and Don when I saw the car too. Let him know to check out Sunset Speedway's fb page for more pics when he up for it.:yes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts