Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last year I replaced all of the front end components for the suspension and steering on my '63. All stock. Today I took out the Nova for the first time and when I was driving home I hit a bump and the front end made a "thud" noise and then I heard small metal falling off of the car and hitting the ground. I was almost home so I drove the rest of the way very carefully and nervously.

Well, when I got home I looked for the problem. Turns out that the nuts that hold the bottom of the strut on the drivers side fell off as well as the bushings. So the strut was not connected on the bottom. WTF?! I know I tightened everything when I put it on last year. I was so pissed!

So anyone have extra bushings and nuts for the strut on a 63?:D

Seriously, am I gonna have to buy a whole new strut just so I can get that bushing?

Why do these strange things always happen to my car? :mad:

Oh well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had those yellow control arm bushings on my car and was test driving a brake job when the front end suddenly felt strange. It was pulling real hard to one side and I thought it was a caliper. I stopped to feel for a hot spindle and saw the wheel cocked to one side. Opened the hood and noticed the upper control arm bushing missing! Looked behind the car and found the bushing and the large washer but never found the nut. Short and slow drive home and put it all back together. Moral.... if something falls off your car stop. It may be an important part. Glad you made it home alright!

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
The strut bushing kit is still available at your local parts store. they may need to get it from a warehouse the next day, but it's not a "CLASSIC" part.
Napa Part # 274-9026

AL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts