Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Its a stock or reproduction perch with the pressed in ?? type bolt similar to wheel stud,I would not think a grade 8 fastener would have any problems.Looking like the way bar end links are to long causing them to contact these from the under side.Did it make any strange noises going over bumps? Also is the car lowered?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys - I have uppoer and lower CBR arms.. the coil saddle had the pressed in bolts.. best I can figure is that my sway bar was installed with too long of a bolt and on compression struck the bottom of the saddel causing bind / and then the resulted shear on the stock type bolt.

The mounting holes lined up straight and I have now replaced them with some grade 8 3/8" bolts with loctite. I also installed some shorter bolts on the sway bars.

I think this image will give you a better idea - it is of the passenger side before the above mods..

I'm thinkign about pulling the stock sway bar and getting the CBR bar - should be a much better fit - just waiting on a call back/e-mail from chuck.

I heard a poping sound - which I think was the saddle bouncing on the upper control arm mounting plate....

Like the title says - I could have been much worse....:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts