Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been going threw the rear end on my carbecause it broke.Well i have thinking of putting on support trusses on and you need a jig for that and i dont have one. Also i couldnt find anyone close to me that dose it so looked around on the net and found this! great and easy way to build one and i would really like to do it on my own!

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/Ford_9-inch_rear_ends

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i'd think any competent welding shop could do the work. you make the exact fitting cardboard templates and have them transfer to metal. you can maybe tack it all? or at least test fit etc... they could make you the jig. you cut out metal etc and they weld together etc...

cost ya more to have it done that way but you'll have the quality built jig and templates when you're done...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to make it myself! Then i will always have it. Im still young i'll use it atleast couple more times!! Dosent look very hard.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What kind of power are you making? Street car or Race? Don't really see it being necessary on a street car, as its really not probably going to hook. Unless you have 600hp or more, don't really see the reason.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only have about 523HP street/strip and am going to upgrade the motor soon! But it is built for spray so i might put a 200 shot on. I as so would like to over built it! Because if you like HP you will always want more so why not built it for more! I had my center section built about 4 years ago and was told it was good to 500Hp and the car was mini-tubbed and put so ET 30/12.50x15 mickeys on there and it was broke!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 9 inch. Looking for nodular case 4.11 gear Detroit locker. I have 31 spilne right now but am thinking of going to 35 spline. I heard the 31 spline are only good for 650HP and the 35spline would be good to 1000Hp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts