Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
I hear good things about them. I have Jeg's headers and they hang about 1.5-2" too low, but I am not sure if one place makes the headers for both stores or not...?

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Just note that since you most likely have stock springs, you will probably bang them up if you hit bumps/potholes/etc... Mine are really ugly by now:(

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just note that since you most likely have stock springs, you will probably bang them up if you hit bumps/potholes/etc... Mine are really ugly by now:(
ya i heard thats the downside with long tube, i was thinking of getting short tube but there not much gain there, so i guess i gotta avoid going into dips fast and pot holes and stuff :yes:...ouch how bad are yours?

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
ya i heard thats the downside with long tube, i was thinking of getting short tube but there not much gain there, so i guess i gotta avoid going into dips fast and pot holes and stuff :yes:...ouch how bad are yours?
shortie headers still better than stock manifolds, but they can be pricey!:eek: I assume a name brand header would be closer to the body and would not be low enough to hit things... Pretty much a couple of my primaries are D-shaped now. I once bashed half my exhaust system off on some railroad tracks...

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shortie headers still better than stock manifolds, but they can be pricey!:eek: I assume a name brand header would be closer to the body and would not be low enough to hit things... Pretty much a couple of my primaries are D-shaped now. I once bashed half my exhaust system off on some railroad tracks...
ya thats another thing thats not good on shorty's i remember when i went to the swap meet and was looking for some shorty's and man where they pricey..some were $400 and more..but everyone told me the same thing with them hanging to low and hitting stuff

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
hedman

Hedman makes some very nice shorties for many applications.I use a set of their d-port shorties on my '75 with the fastburn heads, they are very nice and fit excellant. Cost was just under $200 as I recall.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Hooker competition headers fit real good and dont hang down too low. These are full length headers, my car is lowered 2" and I have never hit them! Summit sells them coated for around $300.00 I belive.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got those headers and I had a clearance issue on the passenger side under the cross member. I bent the collector down about 1/2" and still couldn't bolt my 2.5" summit exhaust on. I bought the G-Force x-member for more clearance and I was able to bolt the exhaust on but it was pressed up against the bottom of the x-member. I called summit and told them that throwing money at the problem (they suggested the new x-member) wasn't fixing it. They told me I could pry down the collector and if I broke a weld or collapsed a tube, they noted my account and would warranty them out anyway. I used a big ***** pry bar and now have 1/2" of clearance. :D:D

Oh, had to dimple a primary tube near my PS gear box and a couple of bolts that attach the headers to the heads can only be tightened with a wrench. Not too big of a deal.

You'll need shorter plugs, which I researched, for clearance. Get yourself some NGK 2771 (UR5):cool::cool:

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got those headers and I had a clearance issue on the passenger side under the cross member. I bent the collector down about 1/2" and still couldn't bolt my 2.5" summit exhaust on. I bought the G-Force x-member for more clearance and I was able to bolt the exhaust on but it was pressed up against the bottom of the x-member. I called summit and told them that throwing money at the problem (they suggested the new x-member) wasn't fixing it. They told me I could pry down the collector and if I broke a weld or collapsed a tube, they noted my account and would warranty them out anyway. I used a big ***** pry bar and now have 1/2" of clearance. :D:D

Oh, had to dimple a primary tube near my PS gear box and a couple of bolts that attach the headers to the heads can only be tightened with a wrench. Not too big of a deal.

You'll need shorter plugs, which I researched, for clearance. Get yourself some NGK 2771 (UR5):cool::cool:
dam sounds like i might have problems then huh? i might have a shop do it for me seeing as i dont know how but ive heard some people didnt have problems with it and some people did

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
My header bolt up was NO SWEAT

I had to pull a few things but it was easy as cheese. mine was probably so easy because i wasn't hooking them to a exhaust just yet.

If you cant afford anything else get them. if you can afford more then look around for something better.

i am a budget builder so 90 dollar headers sounded like a good deal to me :D

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My header bolt up was NO SWEAT

I had to pull a few things but it was easy as cheese. mine was probably so easy because i wasn't hooking them to a exhaust just yet.

If you cant afford anything else get them. if you can afford more then look around for something better.

i am a budget builder so 90 dollar headers sounded like a good deal to me :D
same here bro im looking for something on a budget, i mean i have enough for some pretty good headers but i dont wanna blow all my money on just one thing i wanna save some money for other things my nova needs..so right with u dude :yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts