Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaning towards buying this kit for my 62 wagon, which I'm gonna use with the CPP mini subframe kit. Anybody use this one before? Any thoughts on using dropped spindles with those tiny gen I wheel wells?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
That kit is fine for a street machine and is a good value. If you want better braking they have a 13" big brake kit, but it only fits 17"+ wheels.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think I'm in need of the big brakes for this grocery getter, but it's a cool option. Anybody have any experience with dropped spindles?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I would avoid this kit if you plan to run a larger diameter wheel, like 17", because you will need more than 3 1/2" backspace.
Good point- make sure you get the "zero offset" disc brake kit.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I bought the zero offset kit from Cpp with 2" drop spindles. Everything fit great.

I might be too low now with lowered springs and drop spindles. 2" didn't seem like alot until I bolted them on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe I'll go with the stock spindle kit they sell. I have a set of 65 spindles and steering arms.

Thanks for all of the advice!

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
If you decide to go with drop spindles make sure you ask for the revised caliper brackets or you will have issues with the calipers touching the upper control arms and it will be very difficult to get the caliper pins out.

original bracket

revised bracket

original bracket contact point

revised bracket no contact

1 - 15 of 15 Posts