Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have the 250 with the 3spd auto. one of my good friends offered me a 350 with tranny included(auto) for 400 and its rebuilt with about 50k on it. now it came out of a 76-68 camaro idr which one exactly but wud it be a direct swap or would i need a subframe? anything else extra that i would need to drop it in?

thanks,
bear

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Don't need anything special for the swap. Frame towers for the engine mounts. Some new exhaust. No need for a new subframe.

·
Registered
217 Posts
well i have the 250 with the 3spd auto. one of my good friends offered me a 350 with tranny included(auto) for 400 and its rebuilt with about 50k on it. now it came out of a 76-68 camaro idr which one exactly but wud it be a direct swap or would i need a subframe? anything else extra that i would need to drop it in?

thanks,
bear
Nothing special. You might have to shift you trans crossmember based upon wheter you're movin to a TH-400. Thats it. It's all bolt-in.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Some minor things to consider....

Radiator, is the one you have big enough?

New radiator hoses. Most likely heater hoses to.

Throttle transmission line brackets. Is it coming with a carb and brackets? If not you need a carb. How about the air cleaner.

AC, Power steering and alternator mounts. The brackets aren't expensive or hard to find, just takes some time to make sure you get the right ones if they don't come with the engine.

Exhaust manifolds and Y pipe? Do you now want to go to dual exhaust? Headers?

Speedometer output on the tranny. Is it the same ratio as your current transmission so the speedometer is correct?

New fan and/or spacers might be needed. Clutch Fan?

Does it come with a distributor (HEI)

And don't forget the tune up parts, cap, rotor, plugs, wires and oil change. Is it time to change out the coolant in your car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts