Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying this to frankenstien with my http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201387

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3131769081.html

from what I can tell between the cage/ fuel cell / coil covers and rearend the price is right.. thoughts? I am pretty sure between this car and my 77 I can get something pretty nice and focus my attention on the motor and trans. Maybe sell off some parts here to pay towards the motor. My main concern with my 77 is I have zero skillz wielding and no proper tools.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THAT CAR IS ONLY GOOD FOR PARTS AT THIS POINT, I'D HATE TO RESTORE IT, BEEN THERE AND NEVER AGAIN! :no:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about using the body to be honest... my floor pans are shot my rt quarter needs to be re skinned ( has a ton of bondo on it and the trunk is shot.

the plan for my 77 was to replace the floor plans * pay someone to do it since I do not have the skill set or tools to weld* I also want to mini tub and put a fuel cell in. I was just trying to decide if this car is a good match for what I have as it already has a ford 9 inch also

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I was thinking about using the body to be honest... my floor pans are shot my rt quarter needs to be re skinned ( has a ton of bondo on it and the trunk is shot.

the plan for my 77 was to replace the floor plans * pay someone to do it since I do not have the skill set or tools to weld* I also want to mini tub and put a fuel cell in. I was just trying to decide if this car is a good match for what I have as it already has a ford 9 inch also
LET'S SEE PICS OF YOUR CURRENT RIDE, THEN WE CAN ASSESS IT BETTER! :yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
LOOKIN' AT THE PICS AGAIN, IF YOU GOT A BUNCH OF PARTS TO THROW AT IT, I THINK IT'LL WORK. IT MAY TAKE SOME TLC ON THE EXISTING PARTS! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
That's not a bad price for a good roller.

The Ford 9", coilovers, roll bar, gauges and hood will cost you about double what his asking price is and there's still a lot more.

I say offer him $1000.00 and see if he bites. If not $1200.00 or $1300.00 will take it and so should you.

Get it and go out & have fun!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I LIKE YOUR CAR BETTER, I'D GET THE OTHER ONE FOR THE GOOD STUFF IT HAS LEFT. MAYBE SOME EXTRA'S. :yes:
I'M WITH PB ON THIS ONE, OFFER HIM $1000 AND CAP OFF AT $1300 :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts