Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is a GM color called Firemist Gold Metallic or something like that. Came stock on this truck but some of it was repainted after some body work. Think it will look nice on my car or should I go with something else? Thanks for any opinions:)

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
its pretty close to the original color of your car right??? just a little darker? If you want to keep that look to it, then it will look good...Are you going to two tone the car? with maybe a white roof? or black even... I think it would look good...it won't stand out much, would be more of a sleeper....ive noticed if you want people to stop and look at your car at shows and stuff, the brighter/more eyecatching the paint is, the more looks you get and the more people that will seek YOU out to talk to you about your car...

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea its pretty similar, the new color is just a little darker and has more metallic, my original paint is kinda flat. I'm not really wanting a show car, for some reason I feel like it has to be somewhat the same color as original. I don't know why but thats just kind of the way it has to be. Besides the only other color I would want is black or maybe a dark silver/pewter. The black would be pretty darn hot during the summer and it would be hard to keep clean and show dents. The pewter/silver has some plusses but I guess I just cant imagine my car in that color. I guess if I'm gonna have the jambs and everything painted there is no reason not to go with a totally different color. Doy ou thinka dark silver would look better than the gold? As far as the two tone goes...I guess it's just not for me, I like solid color better IMHO, not to mention it would cost me more to do two tone.

-Aaron

·
Registered
114 Posts
In my opinion, the gold would look great! Do you have the fawn interior? That would be a nice combo, very clean looking. I like two tones and a white or cream roof would look nice also. Go with the gold....not too many in that color around and would sharp next to any black or silver car. Just my $0.02!

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on having all the metal in the interior painted the gold like the outside but all the cloth black. so dash, doors, downposts = gold
Door panels, seats, head liner, carpet = black

Yea i agree Keez, the gold is a somewhat unique color that is not too common.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The color is a good choice but yer gonna need 3rd gen springs to fit those wheels maybe even 6" lift kit LOL!!!!I like those colors they always seem to stay in style or look appropriate for 60-70's cars.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Another color that may be a good choice for you is 68 Cadillac Firemist Gold. It is a little more gold than the truck with more metallic. Looks good with original early 60s GM fawn and saddle interiors.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Scooter said:
Doy ou thinka dark silver would look better than the gold?

-Aaron
i think the gold would look better than the silver or pewter...well let me rephrase, not neccessarily better, but you see a ton of gray/silver novas, so gold would be different...i like solid cars, and i like two tones, i think a black roof would really accent the interior, i wouldnt think it would cost that much more....i like the gold....thumbs up from me!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres a ghetto editing job, I did it with the paintbrush and spray can tools in the "paint" application that came with Windows. But none the less, it shows what a black top might look like. I still think I'd like solid gold better, but thought I'd post this picture for the heck of it.

-Aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts