Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`am having a problem with a no start on my 78 nova I have power to the starter/battery.I have check the grounds and they are good I have no dome light no headlamps and when I turn the key to start nothing.The only thing we can think of is the red wire that mount to the firewall on the right side is missing a clip so I can`t mount it to the firewall.Can I put a regular clip on the end of the wire or do I need to find this clip?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Use a test light to see if you have any power to the the fuse box, if not test the fusable link by the starter. It's the small wire, usualy with a plastic bump on it where the fuse wire joins the regular wire. Use the test light to test between the terminal on the starter & past the joint for power. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
12,017 Posts
You can also tell if the fusible link is blown by feeing the wire, it will feel hollow and be limp. The wire burns up inside but the insulation will remain intact.

In this photo the fusible link is in the lower part of the picture. The white plastic connector is the end that connects to the main harness, the other end has an eye terminal connected to the solenoid.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys I had the wiring harness at the fuse block upside down and switched it around and it fired up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts