Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that I'm a Grandfather of 3 beautiful girls I try to set an example of how to stay on the right side and play within the rules. Truth is, there was a time when I was a pain in soceity's ***. That was then, this is now. I told myself if I de-tuned the truck to get through Aircare, it was only a small fib. Only a small toe over the line. Remember that the truck blows away all the readings except for co at idle. Well after 2 trips to Aircare and 1hour of shop/sniffer time=$150 I sit before you with empty pockets. Like they say ...once a pain in the ***...always a pain...So when I insured the truck yesterday I paid an extra $85 and raised the gvw to 5001 kg. Bye to Aircare. If/when we shut that money-grab down I'll switch back. Did I think twice...no. Did I lose sleep...no. Will I tell my grandaughters...no. They made me do it.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
you speak the truth nova brother.............
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Someone needs to realize the public should be educated by means other then financial punishment. If my 3 year old vehicle should fail, why is the manufacture not being held responsible for offering such poor quality, I make this comment because over 98% of vehicles 5 year and newer pass, so it's just more proof of the cash cow.:mad:

·
Registered
333 Posts
hey stroker dont get caught in a road side inspection by the mot guys or you will be goin in for a safety inspection about every year .i know some one that this happened to so six of one half a dozen of the other!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
had a 2009 impalla and 2003 audi FAIL the clean air test at work today what junk
my trucks passed the air test lastweek all i had was stright pipes and 2 stock orginal converters my 1997 gmc truck 5700vortec

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I had an S10 with a 4 cyl and 450,000 km on it pass.:yes: I sold my IROC Z because I was tired of paying to own it every 2 years, so I bought a much cleaner burning L78 Nova that never needs to go! (yet:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
MAN........
Are we lucky to be outside the Mainland!!
Maybe the day will soon come when your employers or pension funds will direct deposit your cheques to Translink or Aircare. They could then send you what they don't need!

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
MAN........
Are we lucky to be outside the Mainland!!
Maybe the day will soon come when your employers or pension funds will direct deposit your cheques to Translink or Aircare. They could then send you what they don't need!
OK Roy...........you're not outside the mainland, you are isolated........on an Island !!!... so what does it really cost ya to get off the "ROCK" and visit the mainland, or go on a trip over here.......... 200-300 bucks??? Then you get to go back to....... where, the "ROCK" ???? You are ransomed by the ferry system that will keep increasing fares til you bleed!!!!!

You can drive around the Island in, what.... 2 days?? I did it last summer on the annual motorcycle trip with my 3 daughters!!

Yeah, I guess you are lucky!!!........ no aircare there !!!

Cheers mate, Ric

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
We're waiting for our new cut off date here in Ontario, right now it's 20 years and newer need to be tested, but they want to change that, so any vehicle after 1989 or so will have to go for the remainder of it's life.:(

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Just remember that Earth Day is April 22 and we all need to drive our cars to work that day.:devil:

After all, we have all passed Aircare, right? We pay more than our share of the carbon tax on gas, right?

I think I should go home and take the car out today, just because.

Ray really disliking Aircare.

·
Registered
154 Posts
OK Roy...........you're not outside the mainland, you are isolated........on an Island !!!... so what does it really cost ya to get off the "ROCK" and visit the mainland, or go on a trip over here.......... 200-300 bucks??? Then you get to go back to....... where, the "ROCK" ???? You are ransomed by the ferry system that will keep increasing fares til you bleed!!!!!

You can drive around the Island in, what.... 2 days?? I did it last summer on the annual motorcycle trip with my 3 daughters!!

Yeah, I guess you are lucky!!!........ no aircare there !!!

Cheers mate, Ric
Make that "THE" ROCK!
Nice to here fom you Ric. AKA the Mighty Mopar Madness Man!
That is some nice Mopar you're gettin. I've always loved that body style.
And...........you only pay for the Ferry, if you use it..... Translink/Aircare......can you say the same thing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts