Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY CAR IS TOO LOW!!! I just brought my Nova back from the muffler shop and got it running after a year of working on it, and decided to take it around the block. My brother got in with me and off we went, half a block down the road we hit a small bump and the inner tie rod drags the ground, and I proceed to fill my shorts, fortunately I was only going 15-20 mph so no major damage.
I did put the CPP 2" drop spindles on it but was not expecting to drag steering parts, the front coils must be bad because there is only 1 1/2" to 2" of travel to the bump stop (I'm sure it had nothing to do with the 500 or so pounds of dead weight in the front seat) So I'm thinking either I need some heavier springs or only one fat guy in the car at a time.

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
I have stock ride height but also a deep oil and trans pan. 2.5-3 inch clearance will pucker your sphincter going over road construction exposed mid lane sewers.

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Too low?:eek: Yeah, I know all about it!:yes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Al you got me beat yours is lower, as far as a weight limit I would never be able to drive my Nova :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Yeah Al you got me beat yours is lower, as far as a weight limit I would never be able to drive my Nova :rolleyes:
My suspension is pretty stiff though, I dont have to worry about having a heavy passenger, I worry about those little pesky obects in the road that I would normally just pass over in my truck, speed bumps and sharp angled drivewyas can be tough. I could run over a tennis shoe and hear it hit the pan!:eek::yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
WHAT? WHO'S TOO LOW?

PAY NO ATTION TO THE ULGY MESS:rolleyes:
if you let the grease stack up you can scrape it off by going over speed bumps and driveways aprons. maybe you could call that some sort of 'Car Art' if it's applied via oil pan?

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Ryans car scraped the ground 5 times on the Ventura cruise! 4 of them on the Frwy.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Hey Al how'd you get your car in the living room? (carpet):D
Those double front doors are really cool!:D It was making the right turn to get past the couch that was kind of tough!:D

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Don't you love that sound when you turn into a side street?:rolleyes:

BBBRRRAAAKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Hey guys,

Just add a scrape plate to drag below the oil pan, and watch the sparks fly...you'll compete with the Lowriders when they're so low that the scrape plates drag (not sure what they are called :eek:)...:D:rolleyes::D

Then again, you can watch the sparks fly with Erika Medina too...:D

OR​
Claudia​

GerryLP:cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey guys,

Just add a scrape plate to drag below the oil pan, and watch the sparks fly...you'll compete with the Lowriders when they're so low that the scrape plates drag (not sure what they are called :eek:)...:D:rolleyes::D

Then again, you can watch the sparks fly with Erika Medina too...:D

GerryLP:cool:

:wow: *Drewl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts