Chevy Nova Forum banner

the "SILVERCREEK CRUISE" gets a new name and ROUTE

9K views 101 replies 21 participants last post by  Lil'Deuce II 
#1 ·
well gang,
i can finally give all interested parties an update on our annual NOVA/ACADIAN cruise.
after much consideration,we have decided that some things were "working" and some things weren't. Lil' deuceII(todd) and me have made several changes to our annual cruise with several goals in mind;

#1-make this more family oriented.
#2-make it more convenient with a cruise that will keep us closer to greater vancouver.
#3-allow better access for long-haulers to join in and not miss all the fun
#4-end it with a BBQ,instead of a pub visit.
#5-reduce sponsors and concentrate on the cars and the car people.
#6-move it to Sunday June 14th to allow for better weather(we hope...:rolleyes::D).

sooooo.......here's what we've done.
firstly,the NEW name will be the "MAXIMUM NOVA/ACADIAN CRUISE.i know,i know,,,,not as catchy as the old one,but Todd insisted,as the cruise will no longer visit Hope,B.C.(a.k.a. silvercreek),hence the name change.
next, THE ROUTE...
we will start in central SURREY (newton area) and loop through North Surrey,east to Aggassiz,across the Fraser river,and west back to Maple Ridge.
there will be several designated stops(T.B.A.) that will allow people easy access to join the cruise part way through if they're running late or are concerned about cruising too long(4:56 gears,etc...:devil:) and we will be ending back in a suburb of Vancouver to keep folks closer to home for the end of the event.
the times and checkstops will be announced in the next two weeks after todd and i drive the whole route.we want this to go smoothly and feel there's some merit to knowing EXACTLY how long each leg is,where the rest-stops will be,and having convenient parking for all participants.
there will be a few jobs to assign,so let me know if you can help.
ideally,we'll need a couple of cruise captains,some cruise poster distributors,and a few folks to assist in the BBQ set-up and related party at our final destination.
we will have few sponsors,but so there will be a minor cost to all entries,but i stress MINOR,as it's just too expensive to shoulder all the costs myself.there will be free t-shirts included for the first 50 participants,but if we have MORE interest then i'll buy MORE T-SHIRTS.

THIS WILL BE THE OFFICIAL THREAD,SO PLEASE DIRECT ALL QUESTION AND CORRESPONDENSE TO THIS THREAD ONLY!!!

i'd also like a HEAD COUNT if possible.remember,this thread is open to ALL Novas,Omegas,Venturas,Acadians(and yes HENRY....beaumonts are welcome too:D) on BOTH sides of the border.i'm hoping for some of you guys from the interior and the island as well.this will go RAIN or SHINE!!!

ok,.........i'm done blabbing.
let the headcount begin.
:canada:+:usa:=:prost::thumbsup:

i'm #1 (about time too.....:rolleyes::D)

thanks in advance.
leftcoast carl.

See less See more
#2 ·
I will be there, God willing and if the creek don't rise.

Might be useful to have a pit stop at a Chevron station for gas? Just thinking.

Sounds more driving and less showing. Suits me just fine.

Thanks guys for putting this on. Sounds like a great time.

ray

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks Carl.
I am in and looking forward to it.
As I have secured the park for the BBQ, I will take the lead on coordinating the BBQ details. The BBQ park location will be included in the times and check stop info coming from Carl. (Maps, addresses, etc). At the park we have a coverd area with picnic tables for the BBQ's and food. We will be parking cars on the grass.

I will put the ask out for table top BBQ's from members - these fit in the trunks of our cars vs. arranging transport of full size BBQ's.

Pot luck worked out very well at the last BBQ, so lets go with that theme again. Post what you are bringing. Keep an eye on this thread to determine what others are bringing and what would best compliment a great variety of food.
Beverages are at your discretion :cool:
Bring your kids, significant other, other NOVA/ACADIAN enthusiasts, lawn chairs, blankets, frisbee's, etc.

Thanks
Shaun

#8 ·
Given that it is MAXIMUM NOVA/ACADIAN CRUISE ie: Maximum Collision, is there going to be Carl's mug on the shirts with " I'll paint that for a dollar!"
Shirts had best all be XXL to fit that freaking melon on the shirt :D lol

#11 ·
I like the new format except for one thing... the date! I'm already committed to a fishing trip that weekend with the guys from work.
Take lots of pics!
Dan
P.S. I'll be away for all of May, taking a trip to Australia. I'll check in every once in a while if I'm able (and can remember my password). Cheers!

#12 ·
June 14th!! None of the Acadian guys will be able to attend, because that's the same day as the All Pontiac Show in Surrey;);). What, Acadians aren't Pontiacs? Who started that debate? :stir::stir: Sorry Carl, couldn't resist:). Just a born trouble maker:D.

The new cruise format looks good, guys. Due to another commitment early in the day (no, it's not fishing, Dan), I may have to join up with you on the last leg heading west thru Mission.

Bob

#14 ·
that's good news bob(that you can make it:yes:).
that's the beauty of the new format- a little something for everyone and because we're doing a big loop,people can jump in at any point if they fall behind or are running late.i'm pleased that the new route appeals to many and hope we realize our FULL potential this year with a great turnout and perfect weather!!!
leftcoast carl

#15 ·
bump..........
this event is for ALL nova freaks in the near vicinity.this includes washington state,vancouver island,the interior and anywhere else you wanna drive from.:yes::D:yes:
leftcoast carl.

#18 ·
thanks for the interest gent:)!
the more the merrier!
tell your friends with novas,tell your family with novas,heck...tell your parole officer too, if he owns a nova !!!!:devil::D
leftcoast carl.

#19 ·
You should see if you can get that listed on here:

http://www.autoeventlist.com/

That might promote more Nova/Acadian/Omega/Etc to join us. This is something that I will definitely attend. I will also be at the Old Car Sunday In The Park for Father's Day and this cruise might be a good start to the Cruisin'/Show N Shine season!

#30 ·
yes otis there are always 4 doors in attendance:yes:.we are pleased to welcome ALL examples on the nova and the related models.we don't care if it's got 4 doors or NO doors,bring it and get to know the locals who are into these fun classic chevys.
the attendance numbers have varied in the past(only 2 previous years to compare to....)and we've moved it a month later to allow for bigger numbers and hopefully better weather. tell your nova buddies too!
leftcoast carl.

#36 ·
I am going to try to make it somewhere along the line. The Golden Ears bridge opening is that day and the kids really want to walk along the bride deck and get their face painted or crap like that!

I am really trying to plan out meeting up with the BBQ as well.

#37 ·
family stuff is important,but the nova cruise is a no brainer.this IS a family event and the park(our final destination is maple ridge park) is is in nice proximity to the new bridge.perhaps you can do the bridge stuff first and then bring the kidlets over to our BBQ:yes::D everybody wins and gets to do what's important to them on sunday june 14th.
leftcoast carl.

#38 ·
That's what I was thinking. Also, the cruise starts in Surrey and my buddy has a Pontiac and there is the All Pontiac show that day as well. He really wanted me to come visit. Sounds like a nice busy day for me!!!

However, I don't mind. Surrey... Bridges... Cruise... Yeah baby!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.