Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Thanks Carl.
I am in and looking forward to it.
As I have secured the park for the BBQ, I will take the lead on coordinating the BBQ details. The BBQ park location will be included in the times and check stop info coming from Carl. (Maps, addresses, etc). At the park we have a coverd area with picnic tables for the BBQ's and food. We will be parking cars on the grass.

I will put the ask out for table top BBQ's from members - these fit in the trunks of our cars vs. arranging transport of full size BBQ's.

Pot luck worked out very well at the last BBQ, so lets go with that theme again. Post what you are bringing. Keep an eye on this thread to determine what others are bringing and what would best compliment a great variety of food.
Beverages are at your discretion :cool:
Bring your kids, significant other, other NOVA/ACADIAN enthusiasts, lawn chairs, blankets, frisbee's, etc.

Thanks
Shaun

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Given that it is MAXIMUM NOVA/ACADIAN CRUISE ie: Maximum Collision, is there going to be Carl's mug on the shirts with " I'll paint that for a dollar!"
Shirts had best all be XXL to fit that freaking melon on the shirt :D lol

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
why do you think the seat track in our cars adjust,man..? we can't all be one size,right?!?!
leftcoast carl.
they go back??, I have my seat ratched to the front, almost as far as it goes. Bless my gentic short a** british heritage :(

funny how this shot is a little fuzzy....... yet fitting:D
For those who have not had the good fortune to meet the guy in the middle- Carl, and the guy on the the left, Todd the cruise organizers. Top shelf fellows. Ignore the handsome fascinating and debonair fellow on the right...but note the genetic atrocity of the simian like legs. Good god 30 " inseam on a good day. It is rumored he travels faster through trees than on land.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Thanks Carl.
I am in and looking forward to it.
As I have secured the park for the BBQ, I will take the lead on coordinating the BBQ details. The BBQ park location will be included in the times and check stop info coming from Carl. (Maps, addresses, etc). At the park we have a coverd area with picnic tables for the BBQ's and food. We will be parking cars on the grass.

I will put the ask out for table top BBQ's from members - these fit in the trunks of our cars vs. arranging transport of full size BBQ's.

Pot luck worked out very well at the last BBQ, so lets go with that theme again. Post what you are bringing. Keep an eye on this thread to determine what others are bringing and what would best compliment a great variety of food.
Beverages are at your discretion :cool:
Bring your kids, significant other, other NOVA/ACADIAN enthusiasts, lawn chairs, blankets, frisbee's, etc.

Thanks
Shaun

We will bring veggie platters & Hot Dogs

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I am getting excited about the cruise. :D
Spent almost 2 hrs today playing with timing, idle, and the float levels. The carb fire event was an eye opener. :eek:

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123375

Did about 10 street runs in between tweaking. Got it so it is hauling *** again, No stumble, pops or hesitation, cooks tires through first and second, pulls hard in 3rd. Going to Haney Auto on Dyno for a 3 pull test and tune this week.

I want the car in top form for the cruise.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Map to BBQ

Here is a map for the last leg to the park for the BBQ, In case we get staggered due to lights.
West on Lougheed Hwy in Maple Ridge Up hill to 116th- Right at light - (Telosky Stadium and Thomas Haney Youth Action Park)
Left at 232nd.
Follow 232nd to the bridge (just past Black Sheep pub)
Turn right into parking lot immediately at end of the bridge.
A gate will be open to your left.
Bring cars into the park and park on grass.

I will get to the front of the pack as we roll into Maple Ridge. I can then open the gate to gain us access.
Avoid taking 240th to Dewdney. Heavy construction to road.
If anyone not able to roll in with the cruise coming from another direction let me know if you need some directions to attend the BBQ,

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
So, both the car and it's owner undrgoing surgery :(
Upside is hopefully both procedures (you and the car) will have the both of you in fine form in the near future :D

If you are up to it, it will be great to see you at the BBQ. Let us know if there are things we should not be dong like making you laugh, jostling you, etc. Because........we are your buddies and we would never do that :devil:

oh, and rumour is you like the optic snake a lot, and that you even named it Mr. Phil McKrakin :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Lets show up!

OK gang.
Lots of planning and work has gone into this event.
This is my ask for all to show up. Considering my car is broke and I am pushing hard to be ready for the event, I will be there regardless. Bring your car or just be there. We have people coming in from as far as Kelowna and other outlying areas. We have 68SSGrandpa coming 2 days after surgery. ( I know he will show)

Locals, step up.:cool:
I know many make the decision the day of, some can commit further out.
I can tell you once you have been at one of these Nova/Acadain cruises and met the calibre of the people, you are hooked. We have all been helped, directed or connected on the Steve site at one time. Celebrate that.

Car not on the road? Let us know, we have space for riders in many fine Nova/Acadians. Or just meet us all at the BBQ.,
Show your support to the organizers, the sponsors and your fellow enthusiasts. Show up!

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Penny will drive me in the 2 seater, I might be groggy and not a Chattie Cathy ,that would be a change. If there is no washrooms, i will go over to Shauns, and bleed a lumpy pee out at his house, hahahahaha:)
dont try woo us with your sexy pee talk Kramer :D

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I will bring a 20lb bottle of propane ..whats the food arrangements?? I assume like last Maple Ridge get-together everyone for themselves ...or is it a Pot Luck ?? What's on the menu ?? .. and ..and.. it's only 5 more sleeps !
Shaun/ Carl ..PM if there is a need for something ...
Ken, Todd says he is bringing propane tanks, 2 I believe, Yes like the last BBQ pot luck, bring a dish or something to share.

I will restart the food list ::yes:

We are bringing veggies, hot dogs etc
Novasrus, is bringing plates cups, cutlery and wings I think.:confused:

Please add what you are all bringing so we all have an idea of what else to bring.
4 more sleeps...

oh, and my car is fixed, pick it up tonight :)

Thanks
Shaun

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
*******SPECIAL REQUEST**********
can someone bring a digital video camera? i'm hoping we can take a few minutes of footage(the cruising and the BBQ) to share with our SNS members that "wish they were there",but can't be.
THANKS IN ADVANCE:D
leftcoast carl.
I will bring one.
Got most of the car issues resolved, but....it's 4:55 am guess where I am heading.?..to the garage for a morning of check, check double check :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Well no luck.

Car is hooped, see link. It won't even fire up to get it back in garage

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1115304#post1115304

If anyone local wants a passenger for cruise tomorrow, call me.

If anyone local is around and want to have a peek at car and see if they have the soloution to fix it call me

If I do not tag along with anyone I wil lsee you all at the park for the BBQ
I am sooo bummed :(
Shaun
604-613-3385

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
A huge thanks to 66Duce- Greg. Came over with his gear. Distributor was 1 tooth out, car is running but not 100%. Good to run close to home. Will be waiting as you all roll into Maple Ridge, will meet you east Maple Ridge, and join you to the park run.

Thanks Greg, another example of NPHNP :)

1 - 15 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.